Queer issue of The Village Voice is out
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 20 2001 12:00 AM ET
This weeks edition of The Village Voice is The Queer Issue: Secret Lives and Lusts. The issue features a look at gay male porn by performance artist Karen Finley as well as a story by Chris Nutter about the gay managers, publicists, and stylists who are turning homophobic rappers into megastars. There is also a tour of The Gilded Closet: The Swank World of Gay Gents in New York by Tom Beer and a commentary on political pundit Andrew Sullivan by Richard Goldstein. Queers Without Money: They Are Everywhere. But We Refuse To See Them is an examination of sexual marginality and class invisibility by Amber Hollibaugh, who also talks to writer Dorothy Allison (Bastard Out of Carolina). Check your local newsstand.
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- White House to Unveil New HIV Strategy
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism
- WATCH: A Straight Wedding Morphs Into a Gay Proposal
- Op-ed: What I Learned From My High School's Gay English Teacher