General Mills sponsors A Personal Pride
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 21 2001 11:00 PM ET
General Mills, a company nationally recognized for promoting diversity in the workplace, is celebrating Gay Pride at their corporate headquarters in Golden Valley, Minn., by sponsoring the photographic exhibit A Personal Pride. Minneapolis artist Chuck Smith (www.chucksmithphoto.com) says the monthlong installation will feature new work [that] incorporates multiple layers of color imagery, reflecting some six years photographing my experiences within our community and culture of pride. The exhibit will also feature a time line of significant gay rights events. There will be a public reception for the event on Thursday, June 21, at the General Mills corporate headquarters, located on General Mills Blvd.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Outrage After Idaho Trans Woman Buried 'As a Man'
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary
- Op-ed: The Decade Masturbation Burst Out of the Closet Before I Did
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Mississippi Marriage Ban Struck Down