General Mills sponsors A Personal Pride
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 22 2001 12:00 AM ET
General Mills, a company nationally recognized for promoting diversity in the workplace, is celebrating Gay Pride at their corporate headquarters in Golden Valley, Minn., by sponsoring the photographic exhibit A Personal Pride. Minneapolis artist Chuck Smith (www.chucksmithphoto.com) says the monthlong installation will feature new work [that] incorporates multiple layers of color imagery, reflecting some six years photographing my experiences within our community and culture of pride. The exhibit will also feature a time line of significant gay rights events. There will be a public reception for the event on Thursday, June 21, at the General Mills corporate headquarters, located on General Mills Blvd.
- One of the Original X-Men Comes Out as Gay (Spoilers)
- EXCLUSIVE: Josh Groban Sings "Over The Rainbow"
- More of You Could Be Fired for Getting Married
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- The World's Most Famous Trans Model Sits Down With Vogue
- Speak Now: Prop. 8 Decision Will Pave Way for National Marriage Victory