Fox Lorber CenterStage releases four dance programs July 10
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 10 2001 12:00 AM ET
Fox Lorber CenterStage is releasing four dance programs in both VHS and DVD formats on July 10. Merce Cunningham: A Lifetime of Dance will take a look at the extensive career of the gay choreographer and his work. The last muse of George Balanchine is the focus of Suzanne Farrell: Elusive Muse, a documentary of the relationship between the two and Farrells life after Balanchines death. He Makes Me Feel Like Dancin, which won the 1983 Academy Award for Best Documentary, focuses on Jacques DAmboise teaching New York City schoolchildren how to dance, both at their schools and at the National Dance Institute, which DAmboise founded. The film Whos Dancin Now? is a follow-up that examines how the experience documented in He Makes Me Feel Like Dancin affected the adult lives of the young dancers featured in the movie. The titles will be available at video outlets nationwide.
- Michelle Duggar Gets Verdict In Her Quest Against LGBT Ordinance in Ark.
- Artist Spotlight: Czanara
- Hot Sheet: Guardians and Go-Go Boys
- LISTEN: 19 Kids and Counting Star Records Transphobic Robocall
- Michael Lannan's Looking Is More Than Gay Sex and the City
- Virginia Marriage Case Further Stalled by Supreme Court