Fox Lorber CenterStage releases four dance programs July 10
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 09 2001 11:00 PM ET
Fox Lorber CenterStage is releasing four dance programs in both VHS and DVD formats on July 10. Merce Cunningham: A Lifetime of Dance will take a look at the extensive career of the gay choreographer and his work. The last muse of George Balanchine is the focus of Suzanne Farrell: Elusive Muse, a documentary of the relationship between the two and Farrells life after Balanchines death. He Makes Me Feel Like Dancin, which won the 1983 Academy Award for Best Documentary, focuses on Jacques DAmboise teaching New York City schoolchildren how to dance, both at their schools and at the National Dance Institute, which DAmboise founded. The film Whos Dancin Now? is a follow-up that examines how the experience documented in He Makes Me Feel Like Dancin affected the adult lives of the young dancers featured in the movie. The titles will be available at video outlets nationwide.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Mississippi Marriage Ban Struck Down
- Meet the 'Ex-Gay' Man James Franco Will Bring to the Big Screen
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary
- Spirit Awards Gives Love Is Strange Four Nods, Including Best Picture
- Op-ed: What If Stonewall Happened Now?