Raquel says Mae was man
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 10 2001 12:00 AM ET
The New York Post reports that in an upcoming interview in the August edition of Vanity Fair, Raquel Welch weighs in on the late actress Mae West, with whom Welch notoriously spatted during the making of the classically dreadful film Myra Breckenridge. Welch claims that she was always trying to figure out whether [West] was a man or not. While this is not the first time the notion has been suggested, primarily as a result of Mae taking liberties in her life and career that no woman of the time would have dared, Welch offers evidence beyond Wests behavior. You just had to be there, Welch says, to look right into her face, and see those mans hands and that mans neck, those wigs she wore, the mink eyelashes, the false fingernails. The still-luscious Welch insists, however, that she has the utmost respect for the woman man whatever, who was an absolute legend.
- Michelle Duggar Gets Verdict In Her Quest Against LGBT Ordinance in Ark.
- Hot Sheet: Guardians and Go-Go Boys
- Artist Spotlight: Czanara
- Michael Lannan's Looking Is More Than Gay Sex and the City
- Top Filipino Singer-Actor Comes Out as a Transgender Man
- LISTEN: 19 Kids and Counting Star Records Transphobic Robocall