Ian McKellen to return to Broadway
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 11 2001 12:00 AM ET
New York Post columnist Liz Smith reports that out actor Ian McKellen will be appearing in the fall on Broadway with Helen Mirren (Losing Chase) in Richard Greenburgs adaptation of Strindbergs Dance of Death. It has been 40 years since McKellen began his stage career and 20 since his Tony awardwinning performance in Amadeus. McKellen will next be seen on the screen in the film version of J.R.R. Tolkiens Lord of the Rings, in which he plays the wizard Gandalf.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar
- Outrage After Major Minn. Paper Sells Transphobic Coalition Full-Page Ad
- Modern Family Director Live-Tweets a Plane Passenger's Drunken Meltdown