Ian McKellen to return to Broadway
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 11 2001 12:00 AM ET
New York Post columnist Liz Smith reports that out actor Ian McKellen will be appearing in the fall on Broadway with Helen Mirren (Losing Chase) in Richard Greenburgs adaptation of Strindbergs Dance of Death. It has been 40 years since McKellen began his stage career and 20 since his Tony awardwinning performance in Amadeus. McKellen will next be seen on the screen in the film version of J.R.R. Tolkiens Lord of the Rings, in which he plays the wizard Gandalf.
- Teen Jerusalem Pride Marcher Dies From Stabbing
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- UFC Women's Champ: 'I Wouldn't Refuse' to Fight a Trans Athlete