Rue McClanahan oh, just read it
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 12 2001 12:00 AM ET
As a public service, we relay verbatim from the July 16 edition of The New York Observer the exchange between hostess Rue McClanahan and the audience for Faggot Feud, a game show spoof that runs Wednesdays at midnight at the Blu Bar in New Yorks Chelsea district:
We got all these answers from a hundred faggots surveyed, Ms. McClanahan assured the Master and Slave families from her podium, which was decorated with a large, glittery silver phallus. So this is all legitimateyou know what I mean?
Name something, Ms. McClanahan continued, that, although painful, provides much pleasure.
One of the Masters hit his button and a blue police light started flashing.
Anal sex! he shouted.
I think everybody heard that, Ms. McClanahan said as a buzzer blared, indicating a wrong answer.
Anal sex! Im surprised! she murmured.
Suddenly the judge up in the DJ booth changed his mind, and the correct-answer bell dinged as the words getting fucked appeared on a screen.
Aha! said Ms. McClanahan. Wheres the next contestant?
Biting! guessed another Master.
I bet its up there! Ms. McClanahan sang. The buzzer buzzed again.
I cant believe that biting isnt on there! Well, lets see what it is, for Gods sake! she declared.
The correct answers were revealed.
Nipple clamps! Oh, heavensI hadnt thought of that! These are hard questions! Ms. McClanahan said.
Other than lick, she went on, what is something else you can do with your tongue? Gee
Flick! a Slave chirped.
What the hells a flick? the judge demanded.
Ill show you later! Ms. McClanahan said, looking over her shoulder toward the voice.
The buzzer buzzed.
My guess would be rim, a Slave said.
Rim rim Ms. McClanahan mused, pursing her lips. The bell dinged.
What about that! screamed Ms. McClanahan. Then, after giving the Masters a shot, she looked at the audience. OK, now Im going to tell you what I would say. I would say stick it out.
Oh, Rue, the judge lamented as the buzzer sounded again. Any other ideas?
No, that was it, Ms. McClanahan said.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Crime Gay Man Gunned Down in NYC Street, Dies UPDATED: May 18 2013 7:24 PM
- Youth Florida Teen Arrested, Expelled for Same-Sex Relationship May 18 2013 6:58 PM
- Media Legendary Gay Gossip Columnist Michael Musto Responds to Being Laid Off May 18 2013 3:21 PM
- Marriage Equality Vive la France! Hollande Signs Marriage Equality Bill May 18 2013 12:20 PM
- Photography Photos: Cuba Libre May 18 2013 5:29 AM
- Television These 20 Sexy Pics of Stephen Amell Will Hit Your Bullseye May 17 2013 9:00 PM
- Politics Portugal Approves Adoption Rights for Same-Sex Spouses May 17 2013 8:32 PM