A&E presents AIDS in America: The Crisis Continues
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 13 2001 11:00 PM ET
The cable network A&E, as part of its series Investigative Reports, will premiere AIDS in America: The Crisis Continues on July 16 from 10 to 11 p.m. Eastern/Pacific (check local listings). The show will document the almost overwhelming sense of complacency about the disease in America, a country that no longer believes AIDS to be a serious threat even through rates of HIV infection are again rising in San Francisco, among other cities. Bill Kurtis will be investigating Chicago public AIDS clinics where the battle is not only against illness but against poverty. The show will also explore the progress made on the drug front. AIDS will be shown to no longer be a gay or minority disease but one that affects every sexually active person.
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- BREAKING: Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Partner of Sydney Siege Hero Remembers His 'Soulmate'
- Emily Blunt: 'I Want to Be a Gay Icon'