Screenwriter has name removed from Bully
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 13 2001 11:00 PM ET
According to The Hollywood Reporter, screenwriter David McKenna (Blow) was so disappointed with the film Bully that he is listed on the credits using the pseudonym Zachary Long. Though he initially viewed the opportunity to adapt the script, a tale of childhood revenge rife with gay undercurrents, as a gift from the gods, upon seeing the finished product he fired off a scathing letter to director Larry Clark (Kids) and the films producers claiming that the finished product resembled a porno and was filled with unbelievably gratuitous sex, no story, zero motivation [and] no character development. Lions Gate, the films distributor, has no comment on the situation.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Antigay Activist: Buy My 'No Such Thing as Gay' Book
- Op-ed: The Decade Masturbation Burst Out of the Closet Before I Did
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- Is the 'Not Gay No More' Guy for Real?