Screenwriter has name removed from Bully
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 14 2001 12:00 AM ET
According to The Hollywood Reporter, screenwriter David McKenna (Blow) was so disappointed with the film Bully that he is listed on the credits using the pseudonym Zachary Long. Though he initially viewed the opportunity to adapt the script, a tale of childhood revenge rife with gay undercurrents, as a gift from the gods, upon seeing the finished product he fired off a scathing letter to director Larry Clark (Kids) and the films producers claiming that the finished product resembled a porno and was filled with unbelievably gratuitous sex, no story, zero motivation [and] no character development. Lions Gate, the films distributor, has no comment on the situation.
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Arkansas County Clerk Resigns Over Marriage Equality
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- PHOTOS: Pride for Days In San Francisco
- Trans Woman Who Expanded Facebook's Gender Options Banned For Not Using 'Real Name'
- Texas Pastor Now Says He Didn't Mean He'd Really Set Himself Aflame