Camryn Manheim embraces spirit of Outfest
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 18 2001 12:00 AM ET
While speaking at the Los Angeles premiere of Hedwig and the Angry Inch, Camryn Manheim announced that she wants to be a lesbian, though the New York Daily News adds, Supposedly, she was kidding. Manheim embodied the spirit of Outfest, the Los Angeles gay and lesbian film festival, when she encouraged anyone who wants to make a contribution to the planet to come out if you have the strength to do so. It does help so many people and will change the way gay people are viewed. She admits, however, that not everyone is able and that shes friends with a lot of celebrities who walk that line and are struggling with whether to come out or not, though she wont say just who.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- Modern Family Director Live-Tweets a Plane Passenger's Drunken Meltdown
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar
- Outrage After Major Minn. Paper Sells Transphobic Coalition Full-Page Ad