Camryn Manheim embraces spirit of Outfest
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 18 2001 12:00 AM ET
While speaking at the Los Angeles premiere of Hedwig and the Angry Inch, Camryn Manheim announced that she wants to be a lesbian, though the New York Daily News adds, Supposedly, she was kidding. Manheim embodied the spirit of Outfest, the Los Angeles gay and lesbian film festival, when she encouraged anyone who wants to make a contribution to the planet to come out if you have the strength to do so. It does help so many people and will change the way gay people are viewed. She admits, however, that not everyone is able and that shes friends with a lot of celebrities who walk that line and are struggling with whether to come out or not, though she wont say just who.
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Op-ed: Are Millennials More Racist Than Antigay?
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- First Gay Couple to Wed at West Point Turns Tables on Antigay Attacker
- WATCH: Stonewall Movie Drops First Trailer