Berry Berenson, Anthony Perkins's widow, dies on hijacked airplane
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 12 2001 11:00 PM ET
Berry Berenson, the 53-year-old widow of bisexual actor Anthony Perkins, was one of the passengers on the ill-fated American Airlines Flight 11, which was hijacked and crashed into the North Tower of the World Trade Center on Tuesday, the Los Angeles Times reports. Berenson, the sister of actress Marisa Berenson, was returning to her home in the Hollywood Hills section of Los Angeles following a vacation in Cape Cod, Mass. Berry Berenson was a well-known photographer (her work appeared on the cover of Life magazine) as well as an actress (her credits include Cat People, Winter Kills, Remember My Name, and the miniseries Scruples). She recently completed a book on gay fashion designer Halston. Berenson's publicist, Susan Patricola, said, "She was one of the loveliest, greatest people on the earth, full of life. It's just devastating." Wednesday marks the ninth anniversary of Perkins's death due to complications from AIDS.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary
- Op-ed: The Decade Masturbation Burst Out of the Closet Before I Did
- Federal Judge Rules for Marriage Equality in Arkansas
- Antigay Activist: Buy My 'No Such Thing as Gay' Book
- Is the 'Not Gay No More' Guy for Real?