Berry Berenson, Anthony Perkins's widow, dies on hijacked airplane
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 13 2001 12:00 AM ET
Berry Berenson, the 53-year-old widow of bisexual actor Anthony Perkins, was one of the passengers on the ill-fated American Airlines Flight 11, which was hijacked and crashed into the North Tower of the World Trade Center on Tuesday, the Los Angeles Times reports. Berenson, the sister of actress Marisa Berenson, was returning to her home in the Hollywood Hills section of Los Angeles following a vacation in Cape Cod, Mass. Berry Berenson was a well-known photographer (her work appeared on the cover of Life magazine) as well as an actress (her credits include Cat People, Winter Kills, Remember My Name, and the miniseries Scruples). She recently completed a book on gay fashion designer Halston. Berenson's publicist, Susan Patricola, said, "She was one of the loveliest, greatest people on the earth, full of life. It's just devastating." Wednesday marks the ninth anniversary of Perkins's death due to complications from AIDS.
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- Rick Santorum Defends Bruce Jenner: 'He's a Woman'
- Mayweather, Pacquiao: Two Checkered Pasts with LGBTs, One with Women
- WATCH: The Prancing Elites Make It Rain
- WATCH: Being Gay Is 'Death Worthy,' According to Georgia Church Sign
- Argentina Makes History With Three-Parent Birth Certificate