Highways and Fringe Benefits present Clothes Minded?
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 14 2001 12:00 AM ET
Created by two dozen artists in collaboration with 300 GLBT and straight youth from Los Angeles, Orange County, Calif., and New York City, Clothes Minded? combines poetry, monologue, and scenes exploring middle school students' thoughts and feelings about what they wear and why, as an exploration of classism, racism, sexism, ageism, homophobia, anti-Semitism, and other religion-based prejudices as well as bias based on looks and abilities. The show runs at Highways Performance Space, 1651 18th Street in Santa Monica, Calif., September 14-16. For more information, call (310) 315-1459.
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Living Trans, From Iran to New York City
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism
- Omar Sharif Jr. Featured on Arabic TV News