Highways and Fringe Benefits present Clothes Minded?
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 14 2001 12:00 AM ET
Created by two dozen artists in collaboration with 300 GLBT and straight youth from Los Angeles, Orange County, Calif., and New York City, Clothes Minded? combines poetry, monologue, and scenes exploring middle school students' thoughts and feelings about what they wear and why, as an exploration of classism, racism, sexism, ageism, homophobia, anti-Semitism, and other religion-based prejudices as well as bias based on looks and abilities. The show runs at Highways Performance Space, 1651 18th Street in Santa Monica, Calif., September 14-16. For more information, call (310) 315-1459.
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- WATCH: Teen From Disturbing Video Explains How It Started
- WATCH: Dr. Drew Interviews Gay Teen Attacked by Christian Family
- MICHAEL SAM CUT FROM RAMS ROSTER
- Op-ed: This Is What Happens When a Generation Is Raised on LGBT Visibility
- Hot Sheet: Young, Cute, Dead