Highways and Fringe Benefits present Clothes Minded?
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 14 2001 12:00 AM ET
Created by two dozen artists in collaboration with 300 GLBT and straight youth from Los Angeles, Orange County, Calif., and New York City, Clothes Minded? combines poetry, monologue, and scenes exploring middle school students' thoughts and feelings about what they wear and why, as an exploration of classism, racism, sexism, ageism, homophobia, anti-Semitism, and other religion-based prejudices as well as bias based on looks and abilities. The show runs at Highways Performance Space, 1651 18th Street in Santa Monica, Calif., September 14-16. For more information, call (310) 315-1459.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Crime Gay Man Gunned Down in NYC Street, Dies UPDATED: May 18 2013 7:24 PM
- Youth Florida Teen Arrested, Expelled for Same-Sex Relationship May 18 2013 6:58 PM
- Media Legendary Gay Gossip Columnist Michael Musto Responds to Being Laid Off May 18 2013 3:21 PM
- Marriage Equality Vive la France! Hollande Signs Marriage Equality Bill May 18 2013 12:20 PM
- Photography Photos: Cuba Libre May 18 2013 5:29 AM
- Television These 20 Sexy Pics of Stephen Amell Will Hit Your Bullseye May 17 2013 9:00 PM
- Politics Portugal Approves Adoption Rights for Same-Sex Spouses May 17 2013 8:32 PM