Highways and Fringe Benefits present Clothes Minded?
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 13 2001 11:00 PM ET
Created by two dozen artists in collaboration with 300 GLBT and straight youth from Los Angeles, Orange County, Calif., and New York City, Clothes Minded? combines poetry, monologue, and scenes exploring middle school students' thoughts and feelings about what they wear and why, as an exploration of classism, racism, sexism, ageism, homophobia, anti-Semitism, and other religion-based prejudices as well as bias based on looks and abilities. The show runs at Highways Performance Space, 1651 18th Street in Santa Monica, Calif., September 14-16. For more information, call (310) 315-1459.
- Duck Dynasty May Be Over After Antigay Tirade
- N.M. County Officials Resign Over Marriage Equality
- Hundreds of Catholic Students Protest Gay Vice Principal's Dismissal
- WATCH: Jon Stewart 'Sort of' Stands With Fox News in Defending Duck Dynasty Star
- Fab or Fail? 2013's Cultural Ups and Downs
- How Gay is Duck Dynasty Merchandise?
- Education Hundreds Protest Gay Vice Principal's Dismissal 1 hour 7 min ago
- Marriage Equality N.M. County Officials Resign Over Marriage Equality 1 hour 8 min ago
- Entertainment News Wish Someone a Merry Xmas With Matt Bomer Magic Mike Holiday Cards 1 hour 14 min ago
- Entertainment News Hooray for Bob Newhart: Pulled Out of Antigay Event 1 hour 19 min ago
- Comedy How Gay is Duck Dynasty Merchandise? 1 hour 39 min ago
- Politics WATCH: Step Inside Sochi's Gay Nightclub 2 hours 6 min ago
- World News Third Russian Convicted Under 'Gay Propaganda' Law 2 hours 16 min ago