Highways and Fringe Benefits present Clothes Minded?
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 14 2001 12:00 AM ET
Created by two dozen artists in collaboration with 300 GLBT and straight youth from Los Angeles, Orange County, Calif., and New York City, Clothes Minded? combines poetry, monologue, and scenes exploring middle school students' thoughts and feelings about what they wear and why, as an exploration of classism, racism, sexism, ageism, homophobia, anti-Semitism, and other religion-based prejudices as well as bias based on looks and abilities. The show runs at Highways Performance Space, 1651 18th Street in Santa Monica, Calif., September 14-16. For more information, call (310) 315-1459.
- Hot Sheet: Demi-Vicious Pride
- Artist Spotlight: James Huctwith
- WATCH: Australian Model Ruby Rose Comes Out as Gender Fluid
- Tyler Oakley Could Be The First Gay Person You Ever Met
- The Daily Show's Unforgettable Takedown of Andrew Shirvell
- Larry King Is Confused By Anna Paquin's 'Non-Practicing' Bisexuality