Lesbian band makes waves in Wales
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 13 2001 11:00 PM ET
The New York Post reports that French lesbian band Rock Bitch, whose stage act often includes nudity and simulated sex acts, has encountered controversy over its proposed concert in Wales on Monday. Religious leaders and politicians in the area are trying to stop the show. "This is a challenge to the values of the whole of Western society," said Baptist minister Peter Wood, to which promoter Mike Jones responded, "Yes, it's an outrageous show--it's very in-your-face. But if you don't like it, don't go and see it. It's as simple as that."
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Partner of Sydney Siege Hero Remembers His 'Soulmate'
- Emily Blunt: 'I Want to Be a Gay Icon'