Lesbian band makes waves in Wales
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 14 2001 12:00 AM ET
The New York Post reports that French lesbian band Rock Bitch, whose stage act often includes nudity and simulated sex acts, has encountered controversy over its proposed concert in Wales on Monday. Religious leaders and politicians in the area are trying to stop the show. "This is a challenge to the values of the whole of Western society," said Baptist minister Peter Wood, to which promoter Mike Jones responded, "Yes, it's an outrageous show--it's very in-your-face. But if you don't like it, don't go and see it. It's as simple as that."
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Ted Cruz/OUT NYC Fallout: Broadway Cares Cancels Benefit at Hotel
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times
- AIDS Org. Made Men Over 40 Pay to Attend Pool Party
- 7 Lessons in How (And How Not) to Interview Trans People