Lesbian band makes waves in Wales
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 14 2001 12:00 AM ET
The New York Post reports that French lesbian band Rock Bitch, whose stage act often includes nudity and simulated sex acts, has encountered controversy over its proposed concert in Wales on Monday. Religious leaders and politicians in the area are trying to stop the show. "This is a challenge to the values of the whole of Western society," said Baptist minister Peter Wood, to which promoter Mike Jones responded, "Yes, it's an outrageous show--it's very in-your-face. But if you don't like it, don't go and see it. It's as simple as that."
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- 14 Stunning Photos of LGBT Military Personnel