Whitney Houston alive, rumors of death false
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 13 2001 11:00 PM ET
A spokeswoman for gay icon Whitney Houston issued a statement Thursday that the pop superstar is alive. "Whitney Houston is fine. This is a rumor, and it's not true. She thanks everyone for their concern. She is fine and at home with her family," said publicist Nancy Seltzer in a statement.
Rumors swept the country Thursday that Houston had died of a drug overdose, no doubt fueled by the singer's emaciated appearance last Friday at the Michael Jackson tribute concert in New York. The star was a no-show on the following Monday, the night of Jackson's second tribute event. How prevalent was the death story? "I'm getting calls from everywhere," said a staffer at Arista Records, Houston's label. Houston has long been rumored to be gay or bisexual herself but has repeatedly denied the rumors.
- Women Pussy Riot To Be Freed 21 min 26 sec ago
- Television Meet the New Queens of RuPaul's Drag Race 1 hour 55 min ago
- Women WATCH: Real-Life Girlfriends Bria & Chrissy on '10 Things Lesbians Do on Saturdays' 1 hour 57 min ago
- Travel Stockholm Pride Sent an FU to Putin 2 hours 9 min ago
- Sports WATCH: Sportscaster Denies Calling Kansas Jayhawks 'Gayhawks' 2 hours 39 min ago
- Music 6 New Christmas Albums To Get You In the Holiday Mood 2:40 PM
- Film George Takei Documentary to Premiere at Sundance 2:39 PM