Strand Releasing acquires two gay-themed films from Asia
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 19 2001 12:00 AM ET
Independent distributor Strand Releasing has acquired U.S. distribution rights to two new films from Asia. Lan Yu, from Hong Kong director Stanley Kwan (Rouge), is set in Beijing in 1988, just before the Tiananmen Square riots, and tells the story of a Communist businessman and his relationship with a young male student. Ryosuke Hashiguchi's Hush! is a new romantic comedy about a modern Japanese gay couple and their efforts to have a baby and start a family. Strand plans to release both films in the United States in 2002.
- Michael Lannan's Looking Is More Than Gay Sex and the City
- Michelle Duggar Gets Verdict in Her Quest Against LGBT Ordinance in Ark.
- Hot Sheet: Guardians and Go-Go Boys
- Artist Spotlight: Czanara
- Virginia Marriage Case Further Stalled by Supreme Court
- 10 Mushy Moments With Brittney Griner And Glory Johnson