bare! goes to New York
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 26 2001 12:00 AM ET
The gay-themed musical bare!—a critical and popular hit in Los Angeles—is making its way to New York, according to Variety. The show, written by Jon Hartmere Jr. and Damon Intrabartolo, focuses on five high school seniors wrestling with a sense of self that doesn't mesh with the expectations of parents, church, or society. Kristin Hanggi, who directed the Los Angeles production of bare! at L.A.'s Hudson Street Mainstage Theater, will direct the New York show.
- Op-ed: Gay Nightlife Is Dead — Long Live Gay Nightlife
- WATCH: Sprint Sends Customer Email to 'Gay Sissyboy'
- RuPaul's Drag Race, Logo TV Apologize for Transphobic Slur
- Op-ed: Rethinking the Shame Game Against Homophobes
- WATCH: Ala. Woman Charged With Murder of Son's Boyfriend
- Op-ed: I'm a Gay Guy at a Christian College