bare! goes to New York
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 26 2001 12:00 AM ET
The gay-themed musical bare!—a critical and popular hit in Los Angeles—is making its way to New York, according to Variety. The show, written by Jon Hartmere Jr. and Damon Intrabartolo, focuses on five high school seniors wrestling with a sense of self that doesn't mesh with the expectations of parents, church, or society. Kristin Hanggi, who directed the Los Angeles production of bare! at L.A.'s Hudson Street Mainstage Theater, will direct the New York show.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar
- Outrage After Major Minn. Paper Sells Transphobic Coalition Full-Page Ad
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- S.C. Fans Show Lack Of Creativity, Smarts in Michael Sam Posters