bare! goes to New York
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 26 2001 12:00 AM ET
The gay-themed musical bare!—a critical and popular hit in Los Angeles—is making its way to New York, according to Variety. The show, written by Jon Hartmere Jr. and Damon Intrabartolo, focuses on five high school seniors wrestling with a sense of self that doesn't mesh with the expectations of parents, church, or society. Kristin Hanggi, who directed the Los Angeles production of bare! at L.A.'s Hudson Street Mainstage Theater, will direct the New York show.
- Indiana Scrambling to 'Clarify' Discriminatory Law
- Op-ed: Angelina Jolie's Choice Bolsters the Trans Argument
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Alan Cumming Is Bisexual — And You Might Be Too
- Is This Photo Proof Mike Pence Knew RFRA Discriminates Against LGBTs?
- Charles Barkley: Move Final Four Out of Indiana