bare! goes to New York
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 26 2001 12:00 AM ET
The gay-themed musical bare!—a critical and popular hit in Los Angeles—is making its way to New York, according to Variety. The show, written by Jon Hartmere Jr. and Damon Intrabartolo, focuses on five high school seniors wrestling with a sense of self that doesn't mesh with the expectations of parents, church, or society. Kristin Hanggi, who directed the Los Angeles production of bare! at L.A.'s Hudson Street Mainstage Theater, will direct the New York show.
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- AIDS Org. Made Men Over 40 Pay to Attend Pool Party
- Ted Cruz/OUT NYC Fallout: Broadway Cares Cancels Benefit at Hotel
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times
- 7 Lessons in How (And How Not) to Interview Trans People