Simon Callow drops out of delayed 5,000 Fingers
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 29 2001 12:00 AM ET
An upcoming stage musical version of the Dr. Seuss film The 5,000 Fingers of Dr. T has been pushed back for a year and in doing so has lost out actor-director Simon Callow, according to Playbill On-Line. Callow was slated to direct the show, based on the 1953 cult film about a young boy kidnapped by an evil piano teacher, but the opening was delayed due to difficulty in securing funding following the September 11 terrorist attacks on New York and Washington, D.C. 5,000 Fingers, featuring songs by Glen Roven and a book by Anthony Horowitz, is scheduled to open in Dallas in spring 2003, with a Broadway launch to follow.
- Could National Marriage Equality Mean the End of Gay Culture?
- Op-ed: When Right vs. Left Becomes Right vs. Wrong
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- 9 Celebs Who Learned the Hard Way the T-Word Is Over
- WATCH: Jon Stewart's Hilarious Take on This Week's Supreme Court Arguments
- WATCH: Being Gay Is 'Death Worthy,' According to Georgia Church Sign