Melissa Etheridge to perform at Paul McCartney's benefit concert
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 02 2001 12:00 AM ET
E! Online reports that former Beatle Paul McCartney will host "The Concert for New York" on October 20, benefiting the Robin Hood Relief Fund and the Twin Towers Fund, and that Melissa Etheridge will perform. The concert, which will be performed at Madison Square Garden and telecast live and commercial-free on VH1 and online at AOL, will also feature the Who, Bon Jovi, James Taylor, John Mellencamp, Macy Gray, and the Goo Goo Dolls as well as nonmusical appearances by Jim Carrey, Jerry Seinfeld, Gwyneth Paltrow, and John Cusack. Tickets will go on sale Sunday, October 7, at noon via Ticketmaster.
- Op-Ed: Gay Purple Heart Recipient Says 'Mission Not Accomplished'
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Eurovision Winner Who Called Gays an 'Abnormality' Changes Tune
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- 6 Last-Minute Exercises for the Perfect Gay Beach Bod