Melissa Etheridge to perform at Paul McCartney's benefit concert
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 02 2001 12:00 AM ET
E! Online reports that former Beatle Paul McCartney will host "The Concert for New York" on October 20, benefiting the Robin Hood Relief Fund and the Twin Towers Fund, and that Melissa Etheridge will perform. The concert, which will be performed at Madison Square Garden and telecast live and commercial-free on VH1 and online at AOL, will also feature the Who, Bon Jovi, James Taylor, John Mellencamp, Macy Gray, and the Goo Goo Dolls as well as nonmusical appearances by Jim Carrey, Jerry Seinfeld, Gwyneth Paltrow, and John Cusack. Tickets will go on sale Sunday, October 7, at noon via Ticketmaster.
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Why Is the Duggar Family Paying the Cops Investigating Them?
- Girl Scouts Raise $100,000 in One Day After Dropping Transphobic Donor