Melissa Etheridge to perform at Paul McCartney's benefit concert
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 02 2001 12:00 AM ET
E! Online reports that former Beatle Paul McCartney will host "The Concert for New York" on October 20, benefiting the Robin Hood Relief Fund and the Twin Towers Fund, and that Melissa Etheridge will perform. The concert, which will be performed at Madison Square Garden and telecast live and commercial-free on VH1 and online at AOL, will also feature the Who, Bon Jovi, James Taylor, John Mellencamp, Macy Gray, and the Goo Goo Dolls as well as nonmusical appearances by Jim Carrey, Jerry Seinfeld, Gwyneth Paltrow, and John Cusack. Tickets will go on sale Sunday, October 7, at noon via Ticketmaster.
- Meet the Same-Sex Couple Who Made Dodger Stadium Swoon
- WATCH: You’ll Cry When You See What Happened During That Gay-Straight Prom Date
- Op-ed: The Dire State of Louisiana LGBTs
- PHOTOS: Homeless LGBT Youth Become Visible
- See Me: Derrick Cobb
- RuPaul's Drag Race's Miss Fame: I've Yet to Leave My 'Beauty Mark'