Melissa Etheridge to perform at Paul McCartney's benefit concert
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 02 2001 12:00 AM ET
E! Online reports that former Beatle Paul McCartney will host "The Concert for New York" on October 20, benefiting the Robin Hood Relief Fund and the Twin Towers Fund, and that Melissa Etheridge will perform. The concert, which will be performed at Madison Square Garden and telecast live and commercial-free on VH1 and online at AOL, will also feature the Who, Bon Jovi, James Taylor, John Mellencamp, Macy Gray, and the Goo Goo Dolls as well as nonmusical appearances by Jim Carrey, Jerry Seinfeld, Gwyneth Paltrow, and John Cusack. Tickets will go on sale Sunday, October 7, at noon via Ticketmaster.
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: CNN's Cooper, Lemon Explore Their Roots in Special Program
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- Obama: Constitution 'Does Guarantee Same-Sex Marriage in All 50 States'
- WATCH: As Marriage Equality Spreads, Judge Rules NOM Can't Recoup $700K in Legal Fees