John Cameron Mitchell shares IFP award
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 03 2001 12:00 AM ET
Hedwig and the Angry Inch director John Cameron Mitchell is the cowinner of the Independent Feature Project's Open Palm Award, honoring first-time filmmakers, according to indieWIRE.com. Mitchell shares the award with Henry Bean, director of The Believer. Other nominees for the Open Palm, presented at the annual IFP Gotham Awards on October 1, included Michael Cuesta (L.I.E.), Dan Minahan (Series 7), and David Wain (Wet Hot American Summer), all of whose films are gay-inclusive.
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban
- Ala. Senate Passes Bill That Would End Marriage Licenses
- Op-ed: How Laramie Finally Made Judy Shepard Proud