NYFD's "Father Mike" to be subject of biography
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 03 2001 12:00 AM ET
MSNBC.com's Jeannette Walls reports that Father Mychal Judge--the openly gay New York Fire Department chaplain who perished while performing last rites at the World Trade Center on September 11--will be the subject of a forthcoming biography. St. Martin's Press has signed New York Daily News columnist Michael Daly to write about the life and death of "Father Mike," who was 68 when he died. The book is scheduled for a summer 2002 release, and a portion of profits will go to the families of victims of the attack.
- Where in the World Are The Happiest Gay Men?
- Ala. Senate Passes Bill That Would End Marriage Licenses
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch the Official Trailer for 54: The Director's Cut
- Interception: Clemson Football Coach Withdraws From Antigay Fundraiser
- REPORT: Bisexuals Face Biphobia at Doctor's Office, LGBT Groups
- Op-ed: Let's Keep the Momentum Going After Win in Ireland