NYFD's "Father Mike" to be subject of biography
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 03 2001 12:00 AM ET
MSNBC.com's Jeannette Walls reports that Father Mychal Judge--the openly gay New York Fire Department chaplain who perished while performing last rites at the World Trade Center on September 11--will be the subject of a forthcoming biography. St. Martin's Press has signed New York Daily News columnist Michael Daly to write about the life and death of "Father Mike," who was 68 when he died. The book is scheduled for a summer 2002 release, and a portion of profits will go to the families of victims of the attack.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- #TBT: Hollywood Hunks Laid Bare: 1920s-1930s
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- Thousands Rally in S.C. to 'Stand With God' Against Marriage Equality
- 60 Music Videos That Raised LGBT Visibility
- Texas Antigay Group Raising Money to Fight LGBT 'Army'