NYFD's "Father Mike" to be subject of biography
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 03 2001 12:00 AM ET
MSNBC.com's Jeannette Walls reports that Father Mychal Judge--the openly gay New York Fire Department chaplain who perished while performing last rites at the World Trade Center on September 11--will be the subject of a forthcoming biography. St. Martin's Press has signed New York Daily News columnist Michael Daly to write about the life and death of "Father Mike," who was 68 when he died. The book is scheduled for a summer 2002 release, and a portion of profits will go to the families of victims of the attack.
- New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families
- WATCH: Kaitlyn Hunt Rejects Plea Deal, Girlfriend's Parents Say They Had No Choice
- Artist Spotlight: Christopher Sousa
- Virginia's Lt. Gov. Nominee Says Gays Are 'Ikky'
- WATCH: It Already Got Better for This Colorado Student
- Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying?
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Television Jason Collins Calls It a 'Slam-Dunk!' and More Fake Gay Reviews for Behind the Candelabra 1 hour 59 min ago
- Food and Drink Want to Eat a Hot Dog Named After Harvey Fierstein? 2 hours 35 min ago
- Marriage Equality French Marriage Equality Opponent 'Very Scared' Of Right-Wing Backlash 3:02 PM
- Entertainment News Augusten Burroughs Shows Off Wedding Rings 1:56 PM
- Women WATCH: Kaitlyn Hunt Rejects Plea, Victim's Parents Speak 1:21 PM
- Washington D.C. White House to Host Pride Reception June 13 12:44 PM
- Politics Virginia's Lt. Gov. Nominee Says Gays Are 'Ikky' 12:35 PM