Giuliani to don drag for Queer as Folk
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 15 2001 11:00 PM ET
The New York Post's Page Six reports that New York mayor Rudolph Giuliani has agreed to appear on Showtime's Queer as Folk in drag to raise funds for disaster relief. The Empire State Pride Agenda lobbying group coaxed the mayor to appear on the gay-themed series by getting ESPA members to pledge money to victims of the September 11 tragedy. The added bonus of having the mayor cross-dress apparently came from an idea of one of Giuliani's gay roommates, Howard Koeppel: "I said to the mayor, 'Would you be willing to do it?' and he said, 'If it means more money, sure.'"
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment