Giuliani to don drag for Queer as Folk
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 16 2001 12:00 AM ET
The New York Post's Page Six reports that New York mayor Rudolph Giuliani has agreed to appear on Showtime's Queer as Folk in drag to raise funds for disaster relief. The Empire State Pride Agenda lobbying group coaxed the mayor to appear on the gay-themed series by getting ESPA members to pledge money to victims of the September 11 tragedy. The added bonus of having the mayor cross-dress apparently came from an idea of one of Giuliani's gay roommates, Howard Koeppel: "I said to the mayor, 'Would you be willing to do it?' and he said, 'If it means more money, sure.'"
- WATCH: Dodger Stadium Reacts to Same-Sex Couple on Kiss Cam
- Could National Marriage Equality Mean the End of Gay Culture?
- Newly Out Fox Contributor Isn't Very Concerned About Gay Rights
- WATCH: Can the GOP Presidential Field Get Any More Antigay?
- Meet Ireland's Marriage Equality Benefactor: American Billionaire Chuck Feeney
- The Films of the 26th Annual Honolulu Rainbow Film Festival