Elton John toasts Eminem's birthday, donates to charity auction
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 17 2001 12:00 AM ET
Launch.com reports that rapper Eminem began celebrating his 29th birthday (which happens October 17) a few days early with a visit to the Detroit concert of out pop star Elton John. Sir Elton visited with Eminem backstage at the Joe Louis Arena and reportedly gave the Grammy-winning rap star a case of champagne as a birthday present. During the show, John dedicated the song "Rocket Man" to Eminem anonymously ("You know who you are," he said from the stage).
In related news, a black suit from Elton John, a glittering T-shirt worn by Madonna during the recent Drowned World Tour, and a pair of sunglasses worn by Bono are among the items that will be auctioned off by Christie's on October 22 to benefit the charity Cancer and Leukemia in Childhood. The goal of the organization is to provide free accommodations in London for families with a child undergoing treatment for the diseases.
- Op-ed: The Lasting Impact of Out TV Teens on LGBT Youth
- Hot Sheet: A New Quiver
- Boston: Major Beer Sponsor Pulls Out of St. Pat's Parade
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Blasts Critics of Obama's Funny or Die Interview
- Judge: Tenn. Must Recognize Three Same-Sex Marriages
- Do New Immigration Detention Guidelines Fail Trans Detainees?
- Theater Injury Sidelines Christopher Sieber in Matilda 5:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Hernan Marina 4:00 AM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: A New Quiver March 14 2014 7:30 PM
- Travel State Department: Russia is Dangerous for All Americans March 14 2014 6:55 PM
- Women The 31 Most Eligible Out Women of 2014 March 14 2014 6:41 PM
- Marriage Equality Judge: Tenn. Must Recognize Three Same-Sex Marriages March 14 2014 6:39 PM
- Film Is Terence Davies' The Long Day Closes the Greatest Gay Film Ever Made? March 14 2014 5:30 PM