Elton John toasts Eminem's birthday, donates to charity auction
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 17 2001 12:00 AM ET
Launch.com reports that rapper Eminem began celebrating his 29th birthday (which happens October 17) a few days early with a visit to the Detroit concert of out pop star Elton John. Sir Elton visited with Eminem backstage at the Joe Louis Arena and reportedly gave the Grammy-winning rap star a case of champagne as a birthday present. During the show, John dedicated the song "Rocket Man" to Eminem anonymously ("You know who you are," he said from the stage).
In related news, a black suit from Elton John, a glittering T-shirt worn by Madonna during the recent Drowned World Tour, and a pair of sunglasses worn by Bono are among the items that will be auctioned off by Christie's on October 22 to benefit the charity Cancer and Leukemia in Childhood. The goal of the organization is to provide free accommodations in London for families with a child undergoing treatment for the diseases.
- Artist Spotlight: Roberta Marrero
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- LGBT People Are Driving an Upheaval in Video Games
- LSU Fraternity Faces Heat For Crass Michael Sam Banner
- WATCH: Gay Vlogger Tyler Oakley Talks Education With Michelle Obama
- I'm From Driftwood Presents: 'You're Bisexual? Then Why Not Choose To Be Normal?'