Elton John toasts Eminem's birthday, donates to charity auction
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 17 2001 12:00 AM ET
Launch.com reports that rapper Eminem began celebrating his 29th birthday (which happens October 17) a few days early with a visit to the Detroit concert of out pop star Elton John. Sir Elton visited with Eminem backstage at the Joe Louis Arena and reportedly gave the Grammy-winning rap star a case of champagne as a birthday present. During the show, John dedicated the song "Rocket Man" to Eminem anonymously ("You know who you are," he said from the stage).
In related news, a black suit from Elton John, a glittering T-shirt worn by Madonna during the recent Drowned World Tour, and a pair of sunglasses worn by Bono are among the items that will be auctioned off by Christie's on October 22 to benefit the charity Cancer and Leukemia in Childhood. The goal of the organization is to provide free accommodations in London for families with a child undergoing treatment for the diseases.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Entertainment News Seen at TrevorLIVE: Jane Lynch, Billy Porter, Cason Crane, Cindy McCain 1 hour 36 min ago
- Women Where the Girls Are in West Hollywood 8:09 PM
- The Wedding Channel EXCLUSIVE: Kim Stolz & Lexi Ritsch Wedding Photos 7:46 PM
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: A Mass Wedding First in Maryland 6:24 PM
- Entertainment News How To Take Down An Anti-Gay 'Victim' 6:06 PM
- Arts & Entertainment PHOTOS: Perez Hilton Vs. Inflatable Alligator 6:00 PM
- Entertainment News One Direction: Caught Twerking—and in Calvins 5:44 PM