Elton John toasts Eminem's birthday, donates to charity auction
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 16 2001 11:00 PM ET
Launch.com reports that rapper Eminem began celebrating his 29th birthday (which happens October 17) a few days early with a visit to the Detroit concert of out pop star Elton John. Sir Elton visited with Eminem backstage at the Joe Louis Arena and reportedly gave the Grammy-winning rap star a case of champagne as a birthday present. During the show, John dedicated the song "Rocket Man" to Eminem anonymously ("You know who you are," he said from the stage).
In related news, a black suit from Elton John, a glittering T-shirt worn by Madonna during the recent Drowned World Tour, and a pair of sunglasses worn by Bono are among the items that will be auctioned off by Christie's on October 22 to benefit the charity Cancer and Leukemia in Childhood. The goal of the organization is to provide free accommodations in London for families with a child undergoing treatment for the diseases.
- Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey
- Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination, Judge Rules
- German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics
- Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful Christmas Lights
- World News German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics 3:16 PM
- Marriage Equality Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License 2:31 PM
- Comedy WATCH: Ellen and Portia Recreate Bound 2 2:15 PM
- Music A Brief History of Macklemore's 'Same Love' 9:10 AM
- Transgender Gay, Trans Identities Don't Exist, Says Colo. School Board Member 7:00 AM
- World News PHOTOS: Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful New Lights 1:47 AM
- Travel Wedding Bells Ring Down Under December 07 2013 3:33 PM