Elton John toasts Eminem's birthday, donates to charity auction
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 17 2001 12:00 AM ET
Launch.com reports that rapper Eminem began celebrating his 29th birthday (which happens October 17) a few days early with a visit to the Detroit concert of out pop star Elton John. Sir Elton visited with Eminem backstage at the Joe Louis Arena and reportedly gave the Grammy-winning rap star a case of champagne as a birthday present. During the show, John dedicated the song "Rocket Man" to Eminem anonymously ("You know who you are," he said from the stage).
In related news, a black suit from Elton John, a glittering T-shirt worn by Madonna during the recent Drowned World Tour, and a pair of sunglasses worn by Bono are among the items that will be auctioned off by Christie's on October 22 to benefit the charity Cancer and Leukemia in Childhood. The goal of the organization is to provide free accommodations in London for families with a child undergoing treatment for the diseases.
- New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families
- WATCH: Kaitlyn Hunt Rejects Plea Deal, Girlfriend's Parents Say They Had No Choice
- Robbie Rogers Becomes First Openly Gay Major League Soccer Player
- Artist Spotlight: Christopher Sousa
- Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying?
- Op-ed: Democrats Throw Queers Under the Bus—Again
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Television Jason Collins Calls It a 'Slam-Dunk!' and More Fake Gay Reviews for Behind the Candelabra 31 min 40 sec ago
- Food and Drink Want to Eat a Hot Dog Named After Harvey Fierstein? 1 hour 7 min ago
- Marriage Equality French Marriage Equality Opponent 'Very Scared' Of Right-Wing Backlash 3:02 PM
- Entertainment News Augusten Burroughs Shows Off Wedding Rings 1:56 PM
- Women WATCH: Kaitlyn Hunt Rejects Plea, Victim's Parents Speak 1:21 PM
- Washington D.C. White House to Host Pride Reception June 13 12:44 PM
- Politics Virginia's Lt. Gov. Nominee Says Gays Are 'Ikky' 12:35 PM