The B-52's join benefit concert roster
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 18 2001 12:00 AM ET
The seminal (and gay-inclusive) new wave band the B-52's joins the Beastie Boys, the Strokes, Cibo Matto, and poet Saul Williams in the lineup for New Yorkers Against Violence, a benefit concert that will take place at New York's Hammerstein Ballroom on October 28, according to sonicnet.com. Tickets go on sale Wednesday, October 17, and proceeds will benefit the New York Women's Foundation (a nonprofit group that aids low-income women) and the New York Association for New Americans (which is dedicated to helping refugees and immigrants rebuild their lives, families, and communities).
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar
- Outrage After Major Minn. Paper Sells Transphobic Coalition Full-Page Ad
- 10 Transgender Kings and Queens Who Ruled the School