The B-52's join benefit concert roster
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 18 2001 12:00 AM ET
The seminal (and gay-inclusive) new wave band the B-52's joins the Beastie Boys, the Strokes, Cibo Matto, and poet Saul Williams in the lineup for New Yorkers Against Violence, a benefit concert that will take place at New York's Hammerstein Ballroom on October 28, according to sonicnet.com. Tickets go on sale Wednesday, October 17, and proceeds will benefit the New York Women's Foundation (a nonprofit group that aids low-income women) and the New York Association for New Americans (which is dedicated to helping refugees and immigrants rebuild their lives, families, and communities).
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- TBT: Mid-Century Dreamboats
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- Op-ed: Whither Gay Provincetown?
- WATCH: Kentucky Clerk Defies Court Again, Turns Away Same-Sex Couple a Third Time
- Three New Films Capture LGBT Life in the Middle East