Charles Ludlam's Caprice has West Coast premiere in Los Angeles
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 18 2001 12:00 AM ET
Sacred Fools Theater Company will present the West Coast premiere of Charles Ludlam's comedy Caprice on Thursday, October 18. In the play, a hermit who has lived a life of seclusion, balance, order, and reason is presented with the opportunity to enter nirvana, but he instead chooses to help others become enlightened by leading them out of materialism. Reincarnated as New York fashion designer Claude Caprice, he creates a line of clothing made from sackcloth and ashes that becomes a national craze--but will he still achieve nirvana? Caprice runs through November 17 at 660 N. Heliotrope Dr. in Los Angeles. For more information visit www.SacredFools.org.
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times
- Bruce Jenner Tells All Tonight
- Ted Cruz/OUT NYC Fallout: Broadway Cares Cancels Benefit at Hotel
- Gay High-Schooler Gets Date for Prom — With Straight Best Friend
- AIDS Org. Made Men Over 40 Pay to Attend Pool Party