Charles Ludlam's Caprice has West Coast premiere in Los Angeles
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 18 2001 12:00 AM ET
Sacred Fools Theater Company will present the West Coast premiere of Charles Ludlam's comedy Caprice on Thursday, October 18. In the play, a hermit who has lived a life of seclusion, balance, order, and reason is presented with the opportunity to enter nirvana, but he instead chooses to help others become enlightened by leading them out of materialism. Reincarnated as New York fashion designer Claude Caprice, he creates a line of clothing made from sackcloth and ashes that becomes a national craze--but will he still achieve nirvana? Caprice runs through November 17 at 660 N. Heliotrope Dr. in Los Angeles. For more information visit www.SacredFools.org.
- Why Are We Gay?
- Kentucky Clerk Defies Supreme Court, Denies Same-Sex Couples Marriage Licenses
- 14 Ex-Ex Gays Paving the Way Forward
- Op-ed: It's Hard Out There for a Femme
- 5 HIV-Positive Men Give Advice to Their Former Selves
- WATCH: Protesters Tell Antigay Kentucky Clerk 'Do Your Job!' in Showdown With Her Supporters