Joey packs it in
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 24 2001 12:00 AM ET
Youth-oriented gay magazine Joey is closing its doors, following four issues of the print publication and two years online. A statement reads: "Despite the great response and growth of the recently redone Joey.com site, the main cause for this decision is lack of advertising: both in print and online. Sadly, a lot of the businesses that gay youth love and patronize don't even recognize 'gay youth' as a legitimate or significant market, and advertising is what pays the bills."
- Could National Marriage Equality Mean the End of Gay Culture?
- Op-ed: When Right vs. Left Becomes Right vs. Wrong
- Boxer Manny Pacquiao Denies Making Antigay Remarks
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- Op-ed: Helping Gays Find Love Isn't Easy, Especially In the South
- Missouri Bill Would Fire Clerks for Issuing Same-Sex Marriage Licenses