Joey packs it in
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 24 2001 12:00 AM ET
Youth-oriented gay magazine Joey is closing its doors, following four issues of the print publication and two years online. A statement reads: "Despite the great response and growth of the recently redone Joey.com site, the main cause for this decision is lack of advertising: both in print and online. Sadly, a lot of the businesses that gay youth love and patronize don't even recognize 'gay youth' as a legitimate or significant market, and advertising is what pays the bills."
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- WATCH: Straight Dad Punched For Calling Out Woman's Antigay Slurs
- Has Gaga Lost the Gays?
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- As Support for North Carolina's Equal Marriage Grows, Voters Want to Weigh in