Joey packs it in
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 24 2001 12:00 AM ET
Youth-oriented gay magazine Joey is closing its doors, following four issues of the print publication and two years online. A statement reads: "Despite the great response and growth of the recently redone Joey.com site, the main cause for this decision is lack of advertising: both in print and online. Sadly, a lot of the businesses that gay youth love and patronize don't even recognize 'gay youth' as a legitimate or significant market, and advertising is what pays the bills."
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- Teen Jerusalem Pride Marcher Dies From Stabbing
- Iowa Couple Plans 1,000 Antigay Billboards
- Leslie Jordan: I Threw 'Sweet Iced Tea, Not Coffee' in Starbucks Fight