Joey packs it in
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 24 2001 12:00 AM ET
Youth-oriented gay magazine Joey is closing its doors, following four issues of the print publication and two years online. A statement reads: "Despite the great response and growth of the recently redone Joey.com site, the main cause for this decision is lack of advertising: both in print and online. Sadly, a lot of the businesses that gay youth love and patronize don't even recognize 'gay youth' as a legitimate or significant market, and advertising is what pays the bills."
- WATCH: This Indiana Pizzeria Won't Cater Gay Weddings
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- WATCH: Conan's Hilarious Interview With Indiana's 'Religious Freedom Czar'
- More Celebs Tweet Off on Indiana
- Ellen's 11 Most Uproarious, April Fool's-Approved Pranks
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV (Video)