Joey packs it in
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 23 2001 11:00 PM ET
Youth-oriented gay magazine Joey is closing its doors, following four issues of the print publication and two years online. A statement reads: "Despite the great response and growth of the recently redone Joey.com site, the main cause for this decision is lack of advertising: both in print and online. Sadly, a lot of the businesses that gay youth love and patronize don't even recognize 'gay youth' as a legitimate or significant market, and advertising is what pays the bills."
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6
- WATCH: Partner of Sydney Siege Hero Remembers His 'Soulmate'
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Emily Blunt: 'I Want to Be a Gay Icon'