Everybody loves Matthew: Director Bourne courted by studios
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 25 2001 11:00 PM ET
Variety reports that gay director-choreographer Matthew Bourne (Swan Lake, The Car Man) is the new toast of Hollywood, as major studios bet that he will follow in the footsteps of Baz Luhrmann and Sam Mendes, two other theater directors who have turned to film with great success. Bourne is near a deal with out producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron to create an original musical for Disney, and Bourne's agents are also in talks with openly gay American Beauty producers Dan Jinks and Bruce Cohen to direct a feature for DreamWorks.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6