Everybody loves Matthew: Director Bourne courted by studios
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 26 2001 12:00 AM ET
Variety reports that gay director-choreographer Matthew Bourne (Swan Lake, The Car Man) is the new toast of Hollywood, as major studios bet that he will follow in the footsteps of Baz Luhrmann and Sam Mendes, two other theater directors who have turned to film with great success. Bourne is near a deal with out producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron to create an original musical for Disney, and Bourne's agents are also in talks with openly gay American Beauty producers Dan Jinks and Bruce Cohen to direct a feature for DreamWorks.
- Hot Sheet: They Are Risen
- Artist Spotlight: Kent Monkman
- Couple Indicted Over Torture Death of 8-Year-Old They Thought Was Gay
- Love Is Strange: A Love Story for Our Times
- Op-ed: In Mass. Politics, Love Now Dares to Speak Its Name
- Michelle Duggar Gets Verdict In Her Quest Against LGBT Ordinance in Ark.