Everybody loves Matthew: Director Bourne courted by studios
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 26 2001 12:00 AM ET
Variety reports that gay director-choreographer Matthew Bourne (Swan Lake, The Car Man) is the new toast of Hollywood, as major studios bet that he will follow in the footsteps of Baz Luhrmann and Sam Mendes, two other theater directors who have turned to film with great success. Bourne is near a deal with out producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron to create an original musical for Disney, and Bourne's agents are also in talks with openly gay American Beauty producers Dan Jinks and Bruce Cohen to direct a feature for DreamWorks.
- WATCH: Dodger Stadium Reacts to Same-Sex Couple on Kiss Cam
- Newly Out Fox Contributor Isn't Very Concerned About Gay Rights
- Could National Marriage Equality Mean the End of Gay Culture?
- Out NYC Owners Call Gays 'Cheap,' 'Entitled' In Disastrous Interview
- 9 Celebs Who Learned the Hard Way the T-Word Is Over
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition