New York Post: "Lesbian mom" list includes Foster, Sontag, Leibovitz
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 22 2001 1:00 AM ET
In an item titled "Columnist Quiz: Who's Daddy?" the New York Post's Page Six on Wednesday went on a tasteless tangent over lesbian moms and the mechanics of how they get pregnant. "In the last few years, the turkey baster has become more popular than Xena, Warrior Princess among the lesbian elite," the piece snickers after revealing that Wall Street Journal columnist Kara Swisher is pregnant and will parent with partner Megan Smith, vice chair of PlanetOut Partners. Page Six goes on to recap births to Melissa Etheridge and Julie Cypher (with "bloated rocker" David Crosby as sperm donor) and to Sandra Bernhard (with a "mystery male"). "Bisexual beauty" Ingrid Casares's baby was fathered, says the Post, by Ford model Dennis Schaller. Next come the out-and-out outings, starting with Jodie Foster, a two-time mom who stays famously mum about the L word. Then we get fresh word on another label-averse power couple, "fotog" Annie Leibovitz, listed as "lifemate of National Book Award-winner Susan Sontag." Says the gossip column: "There are persistent rumors that the sperm was provided by Sontag's son, David Rieff."
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Arkansas County Clerk Resigns Over Marriage Equality
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- PHOTOS: Pride for Days In San Francisco
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Trans Woman Who Expanded Facebook's Gender Options Banned For Not Using 'Real Name'
- Show Your Pride With A Rainbow Filter For Your Facebook Profile Pic