New York Post: "Lesbian mom" list includes Foster, Sontag, Leibovitz
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 22 2001 1:00 AM ET
In an item titled "Columnist Quiz: Who's Daddy?" the New York Post's Page Six on Wednesday went on a tasteless tangent over lesbian moms and the mechanics of how they get pregnant. "In the last few years, the turkey baster has become more popular than Xena, Warrior Princess among the lesbian elite," the piece snickers after revealing that Wall Street Journal columnist Kara Swisher is pregnant and will parent with partner Megan Smith, vice chair of PlanetOut Partners. Page Six goes on to recap births to Melissa Etheridge and Julie Cypher (with "bloated rocker" David Crosby as sperm donor) and to Sandra Bernhard (with a "mystery male"). "Bisexual beauty" Ingrid Casares's baby was fathered, says the Post, by Ford model Dennis Schaller. Next come the out-and-out outings, starting with Jodie Foster, a two-time mom who stays famously mum about the L word. Then we get fresh word on another label-averse power couple, "fotog" Annie Leibovitz, listed as "lifemate of National Book Award-winner Susan Sontag." Says the gossip column: "There are persistent rumors that the sperm was provided by Sontag's son, David Rieff."
- 14 Camp Classics We Can't Stop Quoting — Bad Girls Edition
- WATCH: Preview of Tomorrow's Supreme Court Argument
- Antigay Ark. Rally Eclipsed by Protesters Shouting 'Love Is Love'
- Obama Cracks Marriage Equality Jokes at White House Correspondent's Dinner
- Bruce Jenner's Republican Revelation Draws Anger, Praise