Lesbians make sparse showing on Hollywood Reporter power list for women
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 05 2001 1:00 AM ET
The Hollywood Reporter published its "Women in Entertainment: Power 100" issue, but only three out lesbians made the prestigious list. The highest rank was achieved by Hilary Rosen, president and CEO of the Recording Industry Association of America, clocking in at number 12. Still hitting the top 20 at number 18 was Buena Vista Motion Picture Group president Nina Jacobson, who supervised production on such major films as Pearl Harbor, The Princess Diaries, and The Royal Tenenbaums. Number 97 on the list--but number 1 in the hearts of such risk-taking filmmakers as Todd Haynes (Velvet Goldmine, Safe), John Cameron Mitchell (Hedwig and the Angry Inch), Kimberly Peirce (Boys Don't Cry), and Todd Solondz (Happiness)--was producer Christine Vachon, partner and copresident of Killer Films.
- EXCLUSIVE: Bette Midler Covers TLC's 'Waterfalls'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- 35 Activists, Doctors, and Organizations Speak Out in Support of PrEP
- Op-ed: There's No Christian Case for Raising Cash for Homophobes
- Op-ed: I Am a Straight, Female Sister of Perpetual Indulgence (And You Can Be, Too!)
- 7 Absurd Legal 'Arguments' Against Marriage Equality From a Straight Couple in Kansas