European festival honors Christine Vachon
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 06 2001 1:00 AM ET
The Verzaubert International Gay Film Festival, Europe's biggest gay and lesbian film event, is paying tribute to out producer Christine Vachon, reports Variety. The touring festival's Homage section will honor Vachon for her commitment to gay and independent cinema, with screenings of Swoon, I Shot Andy Warhol, and Velvet Goldmine. Another Vachon production, Hedwig and the Angry Inch, opened the festival's Berlin segment on Wednesday. Also featured at the festival are a number of Spanish- and Latin American-produced films, including Burnt Money, Nico and Dani, Our Lady of the Assassins, Gaudi Afternoon, Second Skin, and I Will Survive.
- Iowa Couple Plans 1,000 Antigay Billboards
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series