NEA will reconsider Tony Kushner grant
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 08 2001 1:00 AM ET
The National Endowment for the Arts is reconsidering a grant for the Berkeley [Calif.] Repertory Theatre to produce Homebody/Kabul, the latest work from Angels in America author Tony Kushner, according to The Hollywood Reporter. NEA officials have remained mum about why the $60,000 grant has been held up pending review. The play, which deals with an English woman living in Taliban-era Afghanistan, opens in New York on December 19.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- George Takei Joins Gamers in Shunning Indiana
- TCM Film Festival: A Starry Treat for LGBT Fans