NEA will reconsider Tony Kushner grant
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 08 2001 1:00 AM ET
The National Endowment for the Arts is reconsidering a grant for the Berkeley [Calif.] Repertory Theatre to produce Homebody/Kabul, the latest work from Angels in America author Tony Kushner, according to The Hollywood Reporter. NEA officials have remained mum about why the $60,000 grant has been held up pending review. The play, which deals with an English woman living in Taliban-era Afghanistan, opens in New York on December 19.
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- WATCH: Out Musician Mika Shares Video for 'Good Guys,' a Bittersweet Homage to Gay Men
- Vatican Official Calls Irish Marriage Vote 'Defeat for Humanity'
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- WATCH: The Moment Ireland Said 'Yes' to Marriage Equality