NEA will reconsider Tony Kushner grant
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 08 2001 1:00 AM ET
The National Endowment for the Arts is reconsidering a grant for the Berkeley [Calif.] Repertory Theatre to produce Homebody/Kabul, the latest work from Angels in America author Tony Kushner, according to The Hollywood Reporter. NEA officials have remained mum about why the $60,000 grant has been held up pending review. The play, which deals with an English woman living in Taliban-era Afghanistan, opens in New York on December 19.
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- WATCH: Being Gay Is 'Death Worthy,' According to Georgia Church Sign
- Mayweather, Pacquiao: Two Checkered Pasts with LGBTs, One with Women
- Rick Santorum Defends Bruce Jenner: 'He's a Woman'
- Argentina Makes History With Three-Parent Birth Certificate
- New Details Emerge as Officials Rule Leelah Alcorn's Death a 'Suicide'