Elton John to model lipstick for charity
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 15 2001 1:00 AM ET
Out pop legend Sir Elton John will pucker up as the new spokesman for MAC's Viva Glam VI lipstick, according to Reuters. Proceeds from sales of the lipstick will benefit the company's AIDS fund. Mary J. Blige and Shirley Manson will join John in the ad campaign, scheduled to launch in February, which will be shot by gay photographer David LaChapelle. Mac's Viva Glam line has raised more than $24 million for HIV and AIDS services since its creation in 1994.
- Artist Spotlight: Roberta Marrero
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Op-ed: The Trouble With Teen Wolf
- PHOTOS: Meet the First Trans Man to Win a Gay Games Gold in Powerlifting
- WATCH: Antigay Billboard Sparks Controversy in Tenn.
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg on Marriage Decision: 'No Need For Us to Rush'