Billy Elliot's gay pal joins the army
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 19 2001 1:00 AM ET
Reuters reports that 19-year-old Stuart Wells, who played the gay best friend in the Oscar-nominated Billy Elliot, has given up on Hollywood in favor of enlisting in the British army. Wells recently made a film in Spain with Willem Dafoe, and is currently featured on the hit British TV series Peak Practice, but his younger brother persuaded him to join up. "I've always wanted to join the army but got sidetracked from this goal when Billy Elliot became a big hit," said Wells in a statement released by the army recruiting office. "While I really enjoy acting itself, there's an awful lot of hard graft and boring meetings which no one sees and which I don't enjoy at all."
- Panic! at the Disco Counters Westboro Baptist Church Picket With Donation
- Shocking Increase in HIV Diagnosis Rate Among Young Gay, Bi Men
- WATCH: Do Kids Movies Push The 'Gay Agenda'?
- Fox Pundit: Obama Forcing 'Militant LGBT Agenda' on Christians
- Op-ed: All Gay People Are Screwed Up and It's OK
- GLAAD Studio Responsibility Index Reveals Lack of LGBT Visibility