HBO Family doc explores middle-school life, including same-sex love
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 03 2002 12:00 AM ET
Middle School Confessions pulls no punches about what's really going on with "tweens" and young teens, focusing on middle-school kids, ages 11 to 14, talking in their own words about alcohol, depression, and sex. Same-sex attraction is included, but according to Daily Variety, Confessions preaches to the already converted by presenting mainly interviews with two parents who are supportive of their gay teens. Since filmmaker Ellen Gossenberg Kent is trying to establish the high intolerance gay teens face, argues Variety, perhaps the case would have been better made by interviewing intolerant parents. Middle School Confessions premieres on HBO Family this Friday, January 4, at 9:15 p.m. Eastern time.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- Reality Special My Husband’s Not Gay: Deep in Denial?
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- Op-ed: Trans Glamour Versus Trans Activism
- Hands Down, the Single Best Quote of 2014
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment