Grammy nominations include gay and lesbian artists
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 05 2002 1:00 AM ET
This year's Grammy award nominations, announced Friday morning, clustered around U2, with eight nods; India.Arie, with seven; and Alicia Keys, with six. But out artists did appear here and there in the listings. Elton John is up for Best Male Pop Vocal Performance with "I Want Love" as well as Best Pop Vocal Album with Songs From the West Coast. R.E.M. is up for Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group With Vocal with "Imitation of Life," from Reveal--and out lead singer Michael Stipe got a nod in Best Recording Package for the album's art direction. Michael Feinstein is nominated for Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album with Romance on Film, Romance on Broadway. Melissa Etheridge is a nominee for Best Female Rock Vocal Performance with "I Want to Be in Love" from Skin. For a complete list of Grammy nominees check out www.grammy.com.
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- Eurovision Winner Who Called Gays an 'Abnormality' Changes Tune
- RuPaul Slays in New Video 'Modern Love'
- Artist Spotlight: Ben McNutt