Alan Ball renews cable contract
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 11 2002 12:00 AM ET
Out Oscar-winning writer Alan Ball (American Beauty) has signed for another two years with HBO, home of his acclaimed series Six Feet Under, Variety reports. The network has signed Ball to an exclusive seven-figure TV deal to continue as Six Feet's executive producer while also allowing him to create, write, and executive-produce other projects for HBO. "I feel like I'm the luckiest guy in town to be able to do this show the way I want to do this show," says Ball. "I love working at HBO, and I hope to keep doing so for a long time. I feel like it's the best place to work in television."
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Another Lap for Michael Phelps’s Self-Proclaimed Girlfriend
- Meet This Year's 'Prime Time 25'
- Why the Mississippi Marriage Win Is Our Most Important Yet
- Texas AG: Same-Sex Couples' Request to Marry 'Untimely, Out of Order'