Alan Ball renews cable contract
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 11 2002 1:00 AM ET
Out Oscar-winning writer Alan Ball (American Beauty) has signed for another two years with HBO, home of his acclaimed series Six Feet Under, Variety reports. The network has signed Ball to an exclusive seven-figure TV deal to continue as Six Feet's executive producer while also allowing him to create, write, and executive-produce other projects for HBO. "I feel like I'm the luckiest guy in town to be able to do this show the way I want to do this show," says Ball. "I love working at HBO, and I hope to keep doing so for a long time. I feel like it's the best place to work in television."
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'