Elton John: Justin Timberlake's video performance "freaks me out"
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 17 2002 12:00 AM ET
For Elton John's new video "This Train Don't Stop There Anymore," the gay pop icon hired 'N Sync-er Justin Timberlake to portray a 1970s version of John, and the Associated Press reports that the elder musician was blown away by the impersonation. "I was so knocked out with this video and so amazed with Justin's performance, because he'd obviously done his homework," John said. "It was incredible. When he's walking along the corridor with the scarf and he plays the fake, imaginary piano--it's strange because that was the '70s for me and he got it. It's so bizarre...it freaks me out." "This Train" is the second video from John's new album, Songs From the West Coast, and as with the first one--"I Want Love"--John does not appear in it. Robert Downey Jr. took on-camera duty for the earlier clip.
- Entertainment News Musto: Tom Daley & Maria Bello Are Bi, Get Used To It 10:00 AM
- Television WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever! 7:00 AM
- Comedy Op-ed: What I Didn't Learn in Catholic School 6:00 AM
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: These Couples Prove Love Is Love 5:00 AM
- World News German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics December 08 2013 3:16 PM
- Marriage Equality Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License December 08 2013 2:31 PM
- Comedy WATCH: Ellen and Portia Recreate Bound 2 December 08 2013 2:15 PM