Elton John: Justin Timberlake's video performance "freaks me out"
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 17 2002 12:00 AM ET
For Elton John's new video "This Train Don't Stop There Anymore," the gay pop icon hired 'N Sync-er Justin Timberlake to portray a 1970s version of John, and the Associated Press reports that the elder musician was blown away by the impersonation. "I was so knocked out with this video and so amazed with Justin's performance, because he'd obviously done his homework," John said. "It was incredible. When he's walking along the corridor with the scarf and he plays the fake, imaginary piano--it's strange because that was the '70s for me and he got it. It's so bizarre...it freaks me out." "This Train" is the second video from John's new album, Songs From the West Coast, and as with the first one--"I Want Love"--John does not appear in it. Robert Downey Jr. took on-camera duty for the earlier clip.
- Women Ellen's Oscars' Selfie Gets Simpson-ized! March 06 2014 7:56 PM
- Travel General Motors Hopes to Impress You at Mammoth Gay Ski Week March 06 2014 7:24 PM
- Women WATCH: American Idol's Out Contestant MK Nobilette Does 'Drops of Jupiter' March 06 2014 7:18 PM
- Books Gay Propaganda Brings Russian Love Stories to Light March 06 2014 6:06 PM
- Film Jamie Lee Curtis Bringing Life of First Gay Baseball Player to Big Screen March 06 2014 5:48 PM
- Politics Here's Why Facebook Is Sponsoring Right-Wing CPAC March 06 2014 5:12 PM
- Media News Anchor on Russia's RT Network Quits Job on Air in Protest March 06 2014 4:34 PM