Elton John: Justin Timberlake's video performance "freaks me out"
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 17 2002 1:00 AM ET
For Elton John's new video "This Train Don't Stop There Anymore," the gay pop icon hired 'N Sync-er Justin Timberlake to portray a 1970s version of John, and the Associated Press reports that the elder musician was blown away by the impersonation. "I was so knocked out with this video and so amazed with Justin's performance, because he'd obviously done his homework," John said. "It was incredible. When he's walking along the corridor with the scarf and he plays the fake, imaginary piano--it's strange because that was the '70s for me and he got it. It's so bizarre...it freaks me out." "This Train" is the second video from John's new album, Songs From the West Coast, and as with the first one--"I Want Love"--John does not appear in it. Robert Downey Jr. took on-camera duty for the earlier clip.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Travel Drag Racing in Jerusalem 7 min 38 sec ago
- Entertainment News Should Brazil Legalize 'Conversion' Therapy? 29 min 27 sec ago
- World News Liberal Australian MP Crosses Aisle In Support of LGBT Nondiscrimination 41 min 21 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Hot Lesbians Don Cowboy Hats, Chaps and Spurs for Cowgirl Up 53 min 54 sec ago
- Pride PHOTOS: Marry Me in Maine 1 hour 9 min ago
- World News Brazil Lawmakers Legalize 'Ex-Gay' Therapy 1 hour 13 min ago
- Sports Navratilova Blasts Russian Antigay Law 1 hour 18 min ago