Web site for The Fluffer vandalized
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 23 2002 1:00 AM ET
Internet hackers peppered obscenities and foul language on a Web site promoting the gay independent film The Fluffer, which began its Los Angeles run on Friday. After a shutdown, a new temporary www.fluffer.com site has been posted. "These hackers are vigilante censors who are against free speech, which is a big theme in our movie," said codirector Wash West.
"The only good thing is that we have a high enough profile to draw attention to this kind of criminal activity," added codirector Richard Glatzer (Grief). "Filmmakers and other artists need to be aware that there are people out there who will stoop to this kind of mean-spirited vandalism, and therefore need to find ways to protect their work on the Internet."
- After Elimination: Vivacious of RuPaul's Drag Race Season 6
- Op-ed: In Defense of Looking
- This Is How Every Parent Should Respond After Their 13-Year-Old Comes Out
- Throwback Thursday: Richard Simmons Gets Inappropriate on Whose Line Is It Anyway?
- From The Archives: The Groovy Guy, '69
- Gay Women - News & Culture for Lesbian, Bisexual, and Trans Women
- Travel Destination of the Week: Denmark March 13 2014 7:41 PM
- Women WATCH: Daughter Teaches Mom Lesbian Slang March 13 2014 7:27 PM
- Women What do the OINTB Season 2 Promo Pics Mean for the Ladies of Litchfield? March 13 2014 7:14 PM
- Women BREAKING: Father of Murdered Texas Lesbian Arrested March 13 2014 6:34 PM
- Travel Directors, Reality Housewives and the Sad Story of WeHo's 'Death Corner' March 13 2014 5:33 PM
- Politics Michigan's First Out Federal Judge Confirmed March 13 2014 4:34 PM
- Arts & Entertainment Model Andrej Pejic Shouts: 'I'm a Boy and I'm a Girl!' March 13 2014 4:25 PM