Billy Elliot director takes on The Corrections
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 25 2002 1:00 AM ET
Stephen Daldry, director of Billy Elliot and the yet-to-be-released The Hours, will next tackle an adaptation of Jonathan Franzen's National Book Award-winning The Corrections, reports Variety. The novel deals with three generations of a deeply dysfunctional Midwestern family who spend one last Christmas together at home. Out producer Scott Rudin optioned the book with his own money before it was published by FSG. The Corrections will reteam Daldry, Rudin, and screenwriter David Hare, all of whom collaborated on The Hours, based on the novel by gay author Michael Cunningham.
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- #TBT: Selling the Male Body
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- North Carolina Governor to Veto Antigay Measure