Billy Elliot director takes on The Corrections
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 25 2002 12:00 AM ET
Stephen Daldry, director of Billy Elliot and the yet-to-be-released The Hours, will next tackle an adaptation of Jonathan Franzen's National Book Award-winning The Corrections, reports Variety. The novel deals with three generations of a deeply dysfunctional Midwestern family who spend one last Christmas together at home. Out producer Scott Rudin optioned the book with his own money before it was published by FSG. The Corrections will reteam Daldry, Rudin, and screenwriter David Hare, all of whom collaborated on The Hours, based on the novel by gay author Michael Cunningham.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View