Legally Blonde director Robert Luketic takes on Matt Helm
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 30 2002 1:00 AM ET
Out filmmaker Robert Luketic (Legally Blonde) is on tap to direct the first in a series of Matt Helm films planned by DreamWorks Pictures, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Helm was a superspy featured in a series of 27 novels written by Donald Hamilton, and four of them were brought to the screen in the 1960s, with Dean Martin playing a boozy, spoofy version of Helm. The new series from DreamWorks--the studio is in the process of acquiring rights to all 27 books--will allegedly be a more hard-action spy franchise in the 007 vein. Luketic is also developing a feature film remake of the 1973 cult favorite TV movie The Girl Most Likely To... for Universal Pictures.
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
- Does Expansion of Rights Also Expand Antigay Violence?
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
- Schumer Admits Reason He Left Gays Out of Immigration 'Provides Little Comfort'
- Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Politics Schumer: The Reason We Excluded Gays Offers 'Little Comfort' 33 min 38 sec ago
- World News PHOTOS: Startling Response to Right-Winger's Suicide in Notre Dame 1 hour 3 min ago
- Crime Does Expansion of Rights Also Expand Antigay Violence? 1 hour 55 min ago
- Film New Man Of Steel and Wolverine Trailers Debut 9:03 AM
- Travel Top 10 Ways to Score and Upgrade on Your Next Flight 8:27 AM
- Travel A Perfect Day in Rio 7:59 AM
- Marriage Equality Recalls of Pro-Marriage Equality Lawmakers Quashed in Minnesota 5:30 AM