Legally Blonde director Robert Luketic takes on Matt Helm
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 30 2002 1:00 AM ET
Out filmmaker Robert Luketic (Legally Blonde) is on tap to direct the first in a series of Matt Helm films planned by DreamWorks Pictures, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Helm was a superspy featured in a series of 27 novels written by Donald Hamilton, and four of them were brought to the screen in the 1960s, with Dean Martin playing a boozy, spoofy version of Helm. The new series from DreamWorks--the studio is in the process of acquiring rights to all 27 books--will allegedly be a more hard-action spy franchise in the 007 vein. Luketic is also developing a feature film remake of the 1973 cult favorite TV movie The Girl Most Likely To... for Universal Pictures.
- WATCH: Gay Couple Assaulted at Dallas BBQ in Chelsea
- WATCH: Jon Stewart's Mic-Drop on Antigay GOP's 'Slim Chances' at White House
- Drag Race's Trixie Mattel: 'I Actually Thought I Would Win'
- Meet the Same-Sex Couple Who Made Dodger Stadium Swoon
- WATCH: Janet Mock Gives Oprah 'Ah-Ha' Moments About Gender
- WATCH: Nebraska Woman Is Suing All 'Homosexuals' on Behalf of God