Legally Blonde director Robert Luketic takes on Matt Helm
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 30 2002 1:00 AM ET
Out filmmaker Robert Luketic (Legally Blonde) is on tap to direct the first in a series of Matt Helm films planned by DreamWorks Pictures, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Helm was a superspy featured in a series of 27 novels written by Donald Hamilton, and four of them were brought to the screen in the 1960s, with Dean Martin playing a boozy, spoofy version of Helm. The new series from DreamWorks--the studio is in the process of acquiring rights to all 27 books--will allegedly be a more hard-action spy franchise in the 007 vein. Luketic is also developing a feature film remake of the 1973 cult favorite TV movie The Girl Most Likely To... for Universal Pictures.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Catholics: Antigay Leaders Get Boot, a Progressive Becomes American Archbishop
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- WATCH: Straight Dad Punched For Calling Out Woman's Antigay Slurs
- t.A.T.u. Singer OK with Lesbians, But Being Gay Is 'Unmanly'