Legally Blonde director Robert Luketic takes on Matt Helm
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 30 2002 12:00 AM ET
Out filmmaker Robert Luketic (Legally Blonde) is on tap to direct the first in a series of Matt Helm films planned by DreamWorks Pictures, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Helm was a superspy featured in a series of 27 novels written by Donald Hamilton, and four of them were brought to the screen in the 1960s, with Dean Martin playing a boozy, spoofy version of Helm. The new series from DreamWorks--the studio is in the process of acquiring rights to all 27 books--will allegedly be a more hard-action spy franchise in the 007 vein. Luketic is also developing a feature film remake of the 1973 cult favorite TV movie The Girl Most Likely To... for Universal Pictures.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Hands Down, the Single Best Quote of 2014