Rudin may produce Genius
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 30 2002 1:00 AM ET
Variety reports that out producer Scott Rudin (Iris, The Royal Tenenbaums) and New Line Cinema are poised to enter negotiations to coproduce Dave Eggers's best-selling memoir A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius. New Line hopes to keep the film's budget low enough so as not to have to coproduce it with sister company Warner Bros. Pictures or with Rudin's base of operations, Paramount Pictures. "Rudin is fantastic with the adaptations of challenging books," says New Line production president Toby Emmerich. In late 2000, New Line paid a whopping $2 million for rights to the book.
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- Trans Woman Who Expanded Facebook's Gender Options Banned For Not Using 'Real Name'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Booing Jennicet Was Wrong, But Was What She Did Worse?
- Girl Scouts Raise $100,000 in One Day After Dropping Transphobic Donor