Gay-themed comedy tops German box office
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 01 2002 1:00 AM ET
BBC News reports that a comedy about a gay American Indian was Germany's most popular film of 2001, topping even Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (as the film is titled in Europe). Der Schuh Des Manitu (The Shoe of the Manitu) sold 10.8 million tickets, just ahead of Harry Potter's 10.4 million. Directed and costarring Michael "Bully" Herbig, Manitu tells the story of an Apache chief who is trying to finance a new saloon. The film's success is being credited with rekindling international interest in the German movie market.
- Op-ed: Angelina Jolie's Choice Bolsters the Trans Argument
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Alan Cumming Is Bisexual — And You Might Be Too
- Indiana Scrambling to 'Clarify' Discriminatory Law
- Is This Photo Proof Mike Pence Knew RFRA Discriminates Against LGBTs?
- Charles Barkley: Move Final Four Out of Indiana