American Beauty producers return with romantic comedy
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 01 2002 1:00 AM ET
Dan Jinks and Bruce Cohen, the openly gay producers of American Beauty, have announced their first new production since winning the Oscar for that film, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The two will produce Down With Love, a romantic comedy that will star Ewan McGregor and Renee Zellweger, with Peyton Reed (Bring It On) directing. Down With Love is said to be in the vein of the Doris Day-Rock Hudson collaborations of the '50s and '60s, with Zellweger playing a popular female advice columnist and McGregor as the playboy journalist who makes her question her expertise on romance.
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing it Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island
- Amber Heard: 'I Don't Want to Have to Deny My Sexuality in Order to Be Me'
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality