American Beauty producers return with romantic comedy
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 01 2002 1:00 AM ET
Dan Jinks and Bruce Cohen, the openly gay producers of American Beauty, have announced their first new production since winning the Oscar for that film, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The two will produce Down With Love, a romantic comedy that will star Ewan McGregor and Renee Zellweger, with Peyton Reed (Bring It On) directing. Down With Love is said to be in the vein of the Doris Day-Rock Hudson collaborations of the '50s and '60s, with Zellweger playing a popular female advice columnist and McGregor as the playboy journalist who makes her question her expertise on romance.
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- Vatican Official Calls Irish Marriage Vote 'Defeat for Humanity'
- In Protesting Irish Marriage Victory, Westboro Gets the Flag Wrong
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- WATCH: Out Musician Mika Shares Video for 'Good Guys,' a Bittersweet Homage to Gay Men
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide