Rudin and Sondheim settle Gold! lawsuit
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 05 2002 1:00 AM ET
Gay producer Scott Rudin and out composer-lyricist Stephen Sondheim have settled their lawsuit regarding rights to Sondheim's new musical Gold! according to The Hollywood Reporter. Sondheim and John Weidman filed suit against Rudin in November, claiming that Rudin was trying to kill the show by claiming the rights to it; Rudin then countersued, claiming fraud and breach of contract. The settlement means that future productions of the show may now proceed.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- PHOTOS: Toronto Shows Off Its Pride
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- Amber Heard: 'I Don’t Want to Have to Deny My Sexuality in Order to Be Me'
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet