Rudin and Sondheim settle Gold! lawsuit
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 05 2002 1:00 AM ET
Gay producer Scott Rudin and out composer-lyricist Stephen Sondheim have settled their lawsuit regarding rights to Sondheim's new musical Gold! according to The Hollywood Reporter. Sondheim and John Weidman filed suit against Rudin in November, claiming that Rudin was trying to kill the show by claiming the rights to it; Rudin then countersued, claiming fraud and breach of contract. The settlement means that future productions of the show may now proceed.
- Clemson University Fans Tell Football Coach to Punt Antigay Fundraiser
- Where in the World Are The Happiest Gay Men?
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch the Official Trailer for 54: The Director's Cut
- Op-ed: Let's Keep the Momentum Going After Win in Ireland
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun