Rudin and Sondheim settle Gold! lawsuit
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 05 2002 1:00 AM ET
Gay producer Scott Rudin and out composer-lyricist Stephen Sondheim have settled their lawsuit regarding rights to Sondheim's new musical Gold! according to The Hollywood Reporter. Sondheim and John Weidman filed suit against Rudin in November, claiming that Rudin was trying to kill the show by claiming the rights to it; Rudin then countersued, claiming fraud and breach of contract. The settlement means that future productions of the show may now proceed.
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- Alabama's Antigay Judge Roy Moore Slapped With New Ethics Charges
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers