Gosford Park, A Beautiful Mind among WGA nominees
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 08 2002 12:00 AM ET
The Writers Guild of America announced nominees for their 54th annual awards Thursday, and among the films cited were the gay-inclusive Gosford Park, written by Julian Fellowes, and Akiva Goldsman's script for A Beautiful Mind, from the biography by Sylvia Nasar, which has come under fire for its lack of mention of John Forbes Nash Jr.'s divorce and alleged bisexuality, which is discussed in Nasar's book.
The nominees for Best Screenplay Written Directly for the Screen are Gosford Park; The Man Who Wasn't There, by Joel and Ethan Coen; Monster's Ball, by Milo Addica and Will Rokos; Moulin Rouge, by Baz Luhrmann and Craig Pearce; and The Royal Tenenbaums, by Wes Anderson and Owen Wilson.
Competing for Best Screenplay Based on Material Previously Produced or Published are A Beautiful Mind; Black Hawk Down, by Ken Nolan, from the book by Mark Bowden; Bridget Jones' Diary, by Helen Fielding, Andrew Davies, and Richard Curtis, from the novel by Fielding; Ghost World, by Daniel Clowes and Terry Zwigoff, from the graphic novel by Clowes; and The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, by Fran Walsh, Philippa Boyens, and Peter Jackson, from the novel The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien.
The Writers Guild Awards will be held Saturday, March 2, simultaneously in New York and Los Angeles.
- Style Meet Sexy German Designer Working With Alan Cumming & ARMANI 5 min 36 sec ago
- HIV & AIDS Consumer Reports Now Ranks HIV Meds 51 min 9 sec ago
- Music 10 Singles You May Have Missed This Year 1 hour 24 min ago
- Acceptance Matters Confronting the 'Glitter Mafia' 1 hour 42 min ago
- Year in Review The Advocate's Person of the Year: 'Idiotic' or 'Important?' 5:00 AM
- Women Kim Basinger is Sleek and Sexy in Pin-Striped Men's Suit December 18 2013 9:50 PM
- Women Op-ed: The Right's War on Christmas - The 2013 Edition! December 18 2013 9:06 PM