Queer as Folk star headed for Nicholas Nickleby
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 12 2002 1:00 AM ET
Charlie Hunnam, a costar of the original U.K. Queer as Folk who is currently appearing on Fox's Undeclared, has signed to star in a new screen adaptation of Charles Dickens's Nicholas Nickleby, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Douglas McGrath (Emma, Company Man) is slated to write and direct, and Jamie Bell (Billy Elliot), out actor Nathan Lane, and Christopher Plummer will also appear. The book follows Nicholas, a young boy left destitute by his father's death and whose life becomes a series of adventures. A 1981 Broadway adaptation of the novel starred Roger Rees and was staged as an eight-hour show presented in two-night blocks.
- Hot Sheet: Guardians and Go-Go Boys
- Artist Spotlight: Czanara
- Michelle Duggar Gets Verdict In Her Quest Against LGBT Ordinance in Ark.
- Michael Lannan's Looking Is More Than Gay Sex and the City
- Even Former NOM Executives Believe Marriage Equality Is Imminent
- Top Filipino Singer-Actor Comes Out as a Transgender Man