Berlin International Film Festival presents Teddy Awards
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 20 2002 1:00 AM ET
The Berlin International Film Festival wrapped up Sunday night, and as always, one of the week's highlights was Saturday's presentation of the Teddy Awards for the best GLBT films. The Best Feature Teddy went to Tony Ayres's Walking on Water, which, according to indieWIRE.com, also won the readers' prize of Siegessaule, Berlin's gay magazine. The documentary Teddy went to the much-buzzed-about Alt Om Min Far (All About My Father), directed by Even Benestad. The film deals with Benestad's relationship with his occasionally cross-dressing father, Dr. Esben Benestad (a.k.a. Esther Pirelli). Daniel Stedman won the Teddy for Best Short Film for Celebration.
- EXCLUSIVE: Bette Midler Covers TLC's 'Waterfalls'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- 7 Absurd Legal 'Arguments' Against Marriage Equality From a Straight Couple in Kansas
- Op-ed: Dear Straight People
- WATCH: A Young Seahawks Fan Finds Acceptance Through Family and Football
- Op-ed: No, You Shouldn't Raise 150K for Homophobes