Berlin International Film Festival presents Teddy Awards
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 20 2002 1:00 AM ET
The Berlin International Film Festival wrapped up Sunday night, and as always, one of the week's highlights was Saturday's presentation of the Teddy Awards for the best GLBT films. The Best Feature Teddy went to Tony Ayres's Walking on Water, which, according to indieWIRE.com, also won the readers' prize of Siegessaule, Berlin's gay magazine. The documentary Teddy went to the much-buzzed-about Alt Om Min Far (All About My Father), directed by Even Benestad. The film deals with Benestad's relationship with his occasionally cross-dressing father, Dr. Esben Benestad (a.k.a. Esther Pirelli). Daniel Stedman won the Teddy for Best Short Film for Celebration.
- WATCH: Dodger Stadium Reacts to Same-Sex Couple on Kiss Cam
- Newly Out Fox Contributor Isn't Very Concerned About Gay Rights
- Out NYC Owners Call Gays 'Cheap,' 'Entitled' In Disastrous Interview
- Op-ed: From Closeted Catholic to Gay Hero
- Could National Marriage Equality Mean the End of Gay Culture?
- Marriage Equality Could Worsen Bisexual Erasure