Berlin International Film Festival presents Teddy Awards
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 20 2002 1:00 AM ET
The Berlin International Film Festival wrapped up Sunday night, and as always, one of the week's highlights was Saturday's presentation of the Teddy Awards for the best GLBT films. The Best Feature Teddy went to Tony Ayres's Walking on Water, which, according to indieWIRE.com, also won the readers' prize of Siegessaule, Berlin's gay magazine. The documentary Teddy went to the much-buzzed-about Alt Om Min Far (All About My Father), directed by Even Benestad. The film deals with Benestad's relationship with his occasionally cross-dressing father, Dr. Esben Benestad (a.k.a. Esther Pirelli). Daniel Stedman won the Teddy for Best Short Film for Celebration.
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- Michael Sam, Cowboys Welcome Lull in Media Attention
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- Last-Minute Gift Ideas for the Catholic Who Suddenly Wants to Be Friends