Barbara Walters interviews gay couple who fathered triplets, on Friday's 20/20
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 22 2002 1:00 AM ET
On Friday, February 22, Barbara Walters will introduce 20/20 viewers to Jon Langbert and James Garcia of New York City, a gay couple who decided in 1999 to start a family and wound up having triplets via a surrogate mother. Walters will talk to the couple about the unique challenge of raising three infant children as well as about the prejudice they face as gay dads. "We accept that people have different opinions out there," Langbert tells Walters. "But I think at the end of the day they're just wrong." 20/20 airs on ABC at 10 p.m. Eastern/Pacific; check local listings.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Scott Eastwood: 'I Support Gay Marriage'
- Bobby Jindal: Louisiana's Antigay Marriage Bill Isn't About Discrimination
- Rachel Maddow Spoofs Minnesota Senate's 'No Eye Contact' Rule
- Op-ed: Leelah Alcorn 'Ciswashed' by the Media, White House