George Michael's video too hot for Top of the Pops
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 01 2002 1:00 AM ET
BBC News reports that the video for George Michael's new single "Freeek!" is a little too steamy for the BBC network's prime-time Top of the Pops show. A spokesperson for the show said that only two minutes of the video would air during the show's early broadcast but that the complete video would be featured on the show's Saturday night repeat later in the evening. The video, which cost a reported £1 million to produce, features shots of nudity and suggestive dance routines. "George Michael is always pushing the boundaries of what is and what is not acceptable. We admire him for that," said the TOTP spokesperson.
Top of the Pops airs in the United States on BBC America.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Politics Puerto Rico House Approves Antidiscrimination Bill 3 min 11 sec ago
- Entertainment News Week in Geek: Star Trek Actor Gets Wet and Naked, Justice League, and More 51 min ago
- Activism Multimedia Project Addresses LGBT Rights Among Palestinians 1 hour 16 min ago
- Women WATCH: Sara Gilbert is a Lesbian Stereotype in Flannel and Birkenstocks 2 hours 46 min ago
- Women Lena Dunham Is NOT Amused By Lesbian Porn Parody of Girls 2:54 PM
- Music Gay Singer-Songwriter Deals with Heartbreak 2:52 PM
- Politics Obama Nominates Lesbian Attorney for Second EEOC Term 2:52 PM