George Michael's video too hot for Top of the Pops
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 01 2002 1:00 AM ET
BBC News reports that the video for George Michael's new single "Freeek!" is a little too steamy for the BBC network's prime-time Top of the Pops show. A spokesperson for the show said that only two minutes of the video would air during the show's early broadcast but that the complete video would be featured on the show's Saturday night repeat later in the evening. The video, which cost a reported £1 million to produce, features shots of nudity and suggestive dance routines. "George Michael is always pushing the boundaries of what is and what is not acceptable. We admire him for that," said the TOTP spokesperson.
Top of the Pops airs in the United States on BBC America.
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- Gay Travel & Culture - World News, Destinations & Attractions
- WATCH: Dr. Drew Interviews Gay Teen Attacked by Christian Family
- Op-ed: This Is What Happens When a Generation Is Raised on LGBT Visibility
- Couple Indicted Over Torture Death of 8-Year-Old They Thought Was Gay
- 11 Best Moments From the Marriage Argument Everyone's Talking About