Pedro Almodóvar plans a return to comedy
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 08 2002 12:00 AM ET
At the Barcelona premiere of his latest film, Hable Con Ella (Talk to Her), out writer-director Pedro Almodóvar announced that his next movie would be a comedy, reports Europa Press. The filmmaker said that, although he has eight scripts in various stages in development, the one he has chosen for his next film will be a comedy featuring a female cast, since he wants to "return to humor." Almodóvar denied that his recent films have suffered by changing to more masculine casts, although he noted that working with men led to "more tragedies than comedies...I don't really know why."
Hable Con Ella is a drama that deals with two men (played by Javier Cámara and Darío Grandinetti), whose girlfriends (Leonor Walting and Rosario Flores, respectively) are comatose. The film also costars such Almodóvar regulars as Chus Lampreave, Loles León, Cecilia Roth, and Marisa Paredes.
- Film Kidnapped for Christ to Premiere at Slamdance 43 min ago
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Separate or Together? 1 hour 42 min ago
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: Just Another Day at Work in LGBT America 1 hour 42 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment PHOTOS: We Asked The Stars, Who Is Your Hero? 2 hours 13 min ago
- Music WATCH: The Best (and Not So Best) of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music 5:00 AM
- Women New Family Ties: Meredith Baxter Marries Nancy Locke December 09 2013 8:01 PM
- Travel Spider-Man Will Welcome In 2014 In Times Square December 09 2013 7:52 PM