Pedro Almodóvar plans a return to comedy
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 08 2002 1:00 AM ET
At the Barcelona premiere of his latest film, Hable Con Ella (Talk to Her), out writer-director Pedro Almodóvar announced that his next movie would be a comedy, reports Europa Press. The filmmaker said that, although he has eight scripts in various stages in development, the one he has chosen for his next film will be a comedy featuring a female cast, since he wants to "return to humor." Almodóvar denied that his recent films have suffered by changing to more masculine casts, although he noted that working with men led to "more tragedies than comedies...I don't really know why."
Hable Con Ella is a drama that deals with two men (played by Javier Cámara and Darío Grandinetti), whose girlfriends (Leonor Walting and Rosario Flores, respectively) are comatose. The film also costars such Almodóvar regulars as Chus Lampreave, Loles León, Cecilia Roth, and Marisa Paredes.
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Charles Barkley: Move Final Four Out of Indiana
- Tim Cook on Standing Up to Discrimination: 'It’s Time for All of Us'
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- Is This Photo Proof Mike Pence Knew RFRA Discriminates Against LGBTs?
- The Only 2 Things to Know Out of Mike Pence's Dissembling Interview