Pedro Almodóvar plans a return to comedy
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 08 2002 1:00 AM ET
At the Barcelona premiere of his latest film, Hable Con Ella (Talk to Her), out writer-director Pedro Almodóvar announced that his next movie would be a comedy, reports Europa Press. The filmmaker said that, although he has eight scripts in various stages in development, the one he has chosen for his next film will be a comedy featuring a female cast, since he wants to "return to humor." Almodóvar denied that his recent films have suffered by changing to more masculine casts, although he noted that working with men led to "more tragedies than comedies...I don't really know why."
Hable Con Ella is a drama that deals with two men (played by Javier Cámara and Darío Grandinetti), whose girlfriends (Leonor Walting and Rosario Flores, respectively) are comatose. The film also costars such Almodóvar regulars as Chus Lampreave, Loles León, Cecilia Roth, and Marisa Paredes.
- Women This is the Meryl Streep/Hillary Clinton Selfie You Need In Your Life Right Now! 41 min 19 sec ago
- Comedy Throwback Thursday: Richard Simmons' Inappropriate Whose Line Appearance 1 hour 28 min ago
- Women WATCH: AI's Out Performer MK Nobilette Does 'To Make You Feel My Love' 1 hour 44 min ago
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Married British Same-Sex Couples Are Now Legal 1 hour 59 min ago
- Travel Forget J.Lo, Windy City Gay Idol is the Hot Ticket 2 hours 2 min ago
- Parenting How Every Parent Should Respond to A Child Coming Out 2 hours 16 min ago
- Pride Will Lithuania Ban Pride Parades? 2 hours 18 min ago