John Nash ducks gay question on 60 Minutes
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 19 2002 1:00 AM ET
John Forbes Nash Jr., the subject of the Oscar-nominated film A Beautiful Mind, appeared on 60 Minutes Sunday to rebut claims being made about him in the wake of questions regarding the film's accuracy. Nash noted that anti-Semitic remarks attributed to him had been made during a bout with schizophrenia. "I did have strange ideas during certain periods of time," says Nash. "It's really my subconscious talking. It was really that. I know that now." On the subject of his same-sex experiences, mentioned in the Sylvia Nasar biography on which the film was based, Nash would only say, "I've learned that it's better that I don't talk about it."
- An Exodus From the 'Ex-Gay' Movement?
- Op-ed: How My Mom Found Out About My Boyfriend
- Filipino Archbishop Says Gay Men and Lesbians Can Marry — Each Other
- Give Homeless LGBT Youth a 'Shred of Hope'
- President Obama Adresses LGBT Rights in Berlin Speech
- Advocate.com | Gay News | The Advocate | The World's Leading Source for LGBT News and Entertainment
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Youth Give Homeless LGBT Youth a 'Shred of Hope' 2 hours 44 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: How My Mom Found Out About My Boyfriend 4:00 AM
- Religion An Exodus From the 'Ex-Gay' Movement? 12:50 AM
- Entertainment News A Moment For James Gandolfini June 19 2013 11:38 PM
- Entertainment News Muscle Worship: Meet the Men of L.A.'s New Gay Strip Club June 19 2013 9:45 PM
- Religion Filipino Archbishop Says Gay Men and Lesbians Can Marry — Each Other June 19 2013 7:56 PM
- Travel Drag Racing in Jerusalem June 19 2013 7:20 PM