John Nash ducks gay question on 60 Minutes
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 19 2002 1:00 AM ET
John Forbes Nash Jr., the subject of the Oscar-nominated film A Beautiful Mind, appeared on 60 Minutes Sunday to rebut claims being made about him in the wake of questions regarding the film's accuracy. Nash noted that anti-Semitic remarks attributed to him had been made during a bout with schizophrenia. "I did have strange ideas during certain periods of time," says Nash. "It's really my subconscious talking. It was really that. I know that now." On the subject of his same-sex experiences, mentioned in the Sylvia Nasar biography on which the film was based, Nash would only say, "I've learned that it's better that I don't talk about it."
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Eurovision Winner Who Called Gays an 'Abnormality' Changes Tune
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- RuPaul Slays in New Video 'Modern Love'