John Nash ducks gay question on 60 Minutes
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 19 2002 1:00 AM ET
John Forbes Nash Jr., the subject of the Oscar-nominated film A Beautiful Mind, appeared on 60 Minutes Sunday to rebut claims being made about him in the wake of questions regarding the film's accuracy. Nash noted that anti-Semitic remarks attributed to him had been made during a bout with schizophrenia. "I did have strange ideas during certain periods of time," says Nash. "It's really my subconscious talking. It was really that. I know that now." On the subject of his same-sex experiences, mentioned in the Sylvia Nasar biography on which the film was based, Nash would only say, "I've learned that it's better that I don't talk about it."
- Why Are We Gay?
- BREAKING: Supreme Court: Kentucky Clerk Must Issue Marriage Licenses
- WATCH: Miley Cyrus Features LGBT Youth and Drag Queens in VMA's Closing Number
- Op-ed: How The Danish Girl Helped Me Discover Myself
- 5 HIV-Positive Men Give Advice to Their Former Selves
- STUDY: One-Third of Israelis Are Bisexual