Strand and Sundance Channel acquire The Cockettes
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 19 2002 1:00 AM ET
Rights to Bill Weber and David Weissman's documentary film The Cockettes were sold to Strand Releasing for North American theatrical and ancillary distribution and to Sundance Channel for U.S. pay television. The two companies will collaborate on the film's theatrical marketing. The award-winning film explores the flamboyant cross-dressing hippie theatrical troupe of the late '60s and early '70s and will open throughout the United States this summer.
- Facebook Apologizes for 'Real Name' Policy
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Op-ed: Think Before You Tweet 'Homophobe'
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- Will PrEP Make Gay Men Stop Using Condoms?