Strand and Sundance Channel acquire The Cockettes
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 19 2002 1:00 AM ET
Rights to Bill Weber and David Weissman's documentary film The Cockettes were sold to Strand Releasing for North American theatrical and ancillary distribution and to Sundance Channel for U.S. pay television. The two companies will collaborate on the film's theatrical marketing. The award-winning film explores the flamboyant cross-dressing hippie theatrical troupe of the late '60s and early '70s and will open throughout the United States this summer.
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- Teen Jerusalem Pride Marcher Dies From Stabbing
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Iowa Couple Plans 1,000 Antigay Billboards