Strand and Sundance Channel acquire The Cockettes
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 19 2002 12:00 AM ET
Rights to Bill Weber and David Weissman's documentary film The Cockettes were sold to Strand Releasing for North American theatrical and ancillary distribution and to Sundance Channel for U.S. pay television. The two companies will collaborate on the film's theatrical marketing. The award-winning film explores the flamboyant cross-dressing hippie theatrical troupe of the late '60s and early '70s and will open throughout the United States this summer.
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Another Lap for Michael Phelps’s Self-Proclaimed Girlfriend
- Why the Mississippi Marriage Win Is Our Most Important Yet
- Meet This Year's 'Prime Time 25'
- Texas AG: Same-Sex Couples' Request to Marry 'Untimely, Out of Order'